Best camping chair under $50 - $60

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
We picked up our purple GCI Outdoor Xpress Lounger Chair for 24$ @ REI over the weekend. They don't feel cheap at all, so I think they will work well for us. Also I love the size factor and how they fold down!!!

Sitting position is different from standard, but I still like it. My wife seems to love them. But I think we will know better after few months actively using them :)

Thanks for suggestions everyone! :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
depending on the ground ? you might find they have a sinking problem in softer ground or in semi soft moving around they start to dig in
get some golf balls and drill them out
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Great-Camp-Chair-Debate?p=1592021#post1592021

also the head rest thing is really nice if you like your head supported :)

We recently bought these from REI. Light, sturdy, and comfortable. Used them at the NW Overland Rally and on our 2,300 mile trip through Canada. They can be a bit finicky to put back into their bags, but once you learn how, it's pretty straight forward.

http://www.rei.com/product/829239/rei-flex-lite-chair

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
The Kijaro dual lock chair. Locks open, locks closed. Their basic chair holds 300 lbs, the xxl 400. Two cup holders and a little pouch on the side. I'll snap a few pics a little later. The wife and I picked them up from Cabela's for $40 a piece. The xxl chairs were $50.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
We used to haul around a couple of those cheap bag chairs. i ran across REI selling the GCI for @ $35 a bit ago so I picked one up for the wife seeing it was purple (her color). a few days after we got it, our township had a group rummage sale at the township hall. A guy had 3 green GCIs for $10 each! I picked up 2 more. They have stood up to my fat *** so far.

slsbl77

Front Runner Chairs

We also picked up the Front Runner chairs at Expo the year...we tried out at least 6 different chairs that day. Front Runner won, we've used them several times since, no problems, still comfy.

Bob

Camelfilter

Explorer
I use the knockoff version of the classic "slinglite" backpacking chair. Crazy creek used to make the knockoff version. I bought 3 a few years ago for something like $25 each.

Looks like no one is making them now, not even Slinglite. Bummer.

I find them super comfortable to sit/lounge around in, but kind of ungainly to get out of. Especially difficult to get out of after a long hike/bike when I'm all sore.

Not the best chair for a lot of up and abouts (ie cooking etc), great for when your all done for the evening.

If you come across folks with them, give one a try.

Then if you find some for sale, snag one.

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
The best camp chair I ever had is my ten year old MacAbee. I needed to buy more this year but I couldn't find them anywhere because they changed their name to Mac Sports. I bought two new Mac Sports and they are identical in every way except that the new ones have a fold out tray and drink holder and they have added reflective stripes which will help keep crazies from driving over your campsite at night! They won't break and have great support for my maximus. Here is the old and the new side-by-side:

DSC_0637.JPG

Cam

xplrn42

Adventurer
We also picked up the Front Runner chairs at Expo the year...we tried out at least 6 different chairs that day. Front Runner won, we've used them several times since, no problems, still comfy.

Bob

I'll second the Front Runner chairs. For cold weather the mesh butts can be a bit chilly though.... if your not well insulated. :)

GeneHacker

I like mesh chairs because they tend to dry fast.

For keeping warm at a campfire my favorite trick is to bring a small cast iron skillet (like 4in to 6in) and a long pair of tongs...I put the skillet under my chair and feed it fresh hot coals out of the campfire. Anything metal can be used under the chair but a small skillet has style points. A few new coals every 20 minutes or so. Its easy to go overboard and make things too hot and even burn the chair but a few small coals can make a huge difference. Welding gloves are also helpful for campfire duties (moving logs around, or handling pots that are cooking on the fire).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94