Best camping chair under $50 - $60

Nitinat

Adventurer
Looking for a decent quality camping chairs... Any suggestions for that? Price range up to 60$ per seat.

Looked at ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Camp Chair chair - seems to be a good quality item, but it's on a bulky/heavy side. Are there any better solutions to that? Chair will most likely used daily - needs to be durable ...

Thank you!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I think a good camping chair is very personal, related to height/weight/body shape/posture/etc. We recently got the Kermits and really like them - the $5 folding jobs just don't offer enough support, and I had a very rigid one that didn't allow me to relax/slouch in it at all (which I gave away to someone who loves it)

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Anybody with ARB SPORT CAMPING CHAIR (10500100) here?

Would be interested how those things are being reviewed, from people who have owned them.

86scotty

Cynic
We really like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-20000...&qid=1405435905&sr=8-7&keywords=coleman+chair

It's a 'nicer' looking chair, which doesn't matter to me, and it has this weird flip up drink holder. I thought those would break right off, but 2 years later they are still there, even with kids using them.
It's a super comfortable chair and folds small but tall. My favorite thing is that it is some plasticky type material that doesn't hold water. One quick brush with a hand towel after a storm and you are sitting in a dry chair, no sun needed!

dennismc

Observer
I have an Arb chair and it's not a bad chair but as others have pointed out it's a personal thing. It's a large chair folded up and if you're in a dusty environment the plastic slides don't move well at all making it difficult to either open or close. Picked up a Front Runner folding chair at Expo this year and it's my new favorite, very comfortable and pretty compact folded up.

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
I have an Arb chair and it's not a bad chair but as others have pointed out it's a personal thing. It's a large chair folded up and if you're in a dusty environment the plastic slides don't move well at all making it difficult to either open or close. Picked up a Front Runner folding chair at Expo this year and it's my new favorite, very comfortable and pretty compact folded up.

That looks exactly like GCI Outdoor Xpress Lounger Chair, does it appear to be fragile? I wanted to buy one, but closest REI didn't have it, so wasn't able to look at it...

dennismc

Observer
Doesn't seem to be, not made out of lightweight materials. I expect this to last a good long time with normal use. Planning on picking up another actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne