Hostile Lands of SOAZ: Dragoons to Chiricahuas, April 25-27

viatierra

Explorer
Holy shnikees it's friday! Poked my head out of my pile of midterms to grade to find THIS THREAD...

Count Christine & I in for the full weekend.
:punk03:

FlyingWen

Explorer
articulate said:
The official planning thread for my usual suspects, cohorts, critics, pimps, campmates, trailmates, campfire drinkin' buddies, tall tale tellers, and other no-good scum of the earth ExPo folk otherwise known as my friends -

I am trying to figure out which one of these groups I fall into...
I am bringing my "pimp", I've been a cohort and suspect in the past.....oooh, I have decided that I am a "campfire Drinkin Buddy"

Thanks Mark for causing me to a take a moment for some deep self reflection!...Glad thats OVER!

Can't wait!

ugh.

This trip is 25 days before I turn 21... Maybe I could just drink soda?

Kidding, kidding. I wish I could invite myself, but I have to work. But if you guys (and gals) want to meet up in Tucson for breakfast or sumthin', I know of a good place. Nothing like heading out on a full stomach of chorizo.

Let me know!

woodwizard

Observer
If my company doesn't move me by then, I'll be there. All I need is an "X" on a map or a meeting place & time. I don't have a GPS. As far as what group I fall into, well, I'll let you guys decide. I'll work hard not to disappoint. Looking forward to it. Perri

Steve Curren

Explorer
This outing is sounding more and more like a really fun thing, I can't wait to meet people and put faces to names.. I guess a few more beers will be needed. :bigbossHL:

Signcutter21

Adventurer
Mark et al. Hey if you all dont mind, can I invite myself too? Would love to meet everybody and put names to faces. Dont know if I fit any of the catergories you listed, maybe a scumball can be added.

I love exploring all the back roads in the Chiricuahuas and Dragoon's. Hand's Pass is alway great. Looks like the 'trailhead" is starting on the Tombstone side? It'll be a really far drive for me. lol. Might have to get a really early start.

later,
mike

edit: oh noticed it'll be the I-10 trailhead. Heard about that way, never been on it before. cool. Driven down Dragoon and seen all the neat side roads. Might I also suggest that at Pearce, turn south and head down Ghost Town Trail? The 191 is less scenic. There is a little ghosttown, remains that are worth some exploring. From there, it's easy to get back onto 191 via Courtland/ Rucker Canyon Road or take Rucker up to Kuykendall Rd to 181 right at the Ash Creek Trail. All are county maintained roads. There are some even more backroad ways to get back up to 181. I've played a few times up there too.

Last edited:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Okay guys and gals, the interest in this trip is intense. Holy cow, I didn't expect all of that. Since I've got no idea what the camps will offer on either night, I've got to cap this sucker at 10-12 vehicles. I made a list in the first post, check it out.

If you're on that list and you can't make it, speak up as soon as possible so we can haze a fresh one . . . er, open a slot to these other fine gents, lady-chasers, and scumbags.

Negotiations should be taken to email, pm, or happy hour drinks in Scottsdale any night of the week after 5:00 pm. All apologies, it's taken me some time to get a grip on this sucker.

:26_13_1:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I'm installing my new coil springs on the KK this weekend along with thier new QWIK awning for faster set up and tear down.

I'm in for sure.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
articulate said:
Okay guys and gals, the interest in this trip is intense. Holy cow, I didn't expect all of that. Since I've got no idea what the camps will offer on either night, I've got to cap this sucker at 10-12 vehicles. I made a list in the first post, check it out.

If you're on that list and you can't make it, speak up as soon as possible so we can haze a fresh one . . . er, open a slot to these other fine gents, lady-chasers, and scumbags.

Negotiations should be taken to email, pm, or happy hour drinks in Scottsdale any night of the week after 5:00 pm. All apologies, it's taken me some time to get a grip on this sucker.

Heck, I even made a sticker for the event... Or just folks who love Southern Arizona in general! :sombrero: :safari-rig:
http://www.cafepress.com/soaz.243127412

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Chiris Weekend Crawl!

articulate said:

Count me in as I am coming from the frozen wasteland known as Kanukistan over 2000 kliks (1250 miles for you SOAZ types) and I am bringing Neanderthal Beer (from the last ice age, A.K.A my Engel)! Watch out as I drive on the wrong side of the truck!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
CanuckMariner said:
Count me in as I am coming from the frozen wasteland known as Kanukistan over 2000 kliks (1250 miles for you SOAZ types) and I am bringing Neanderthal Beer (from the last ice age, A.K.A my Engel)! Watch out as I drive on the wrong side of the truck!

We are going to move your steering wheel to the correct side of your truck while your sleeping. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz