What mode do you use most?

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I know this is probably a personal/subjective question and that there isn't a right or wrong answer, but what mode/priority do you find yourself using the most on your DSLR?

Lately I find myself using aperture mode mostly to achieve the bokeh affect on close objects.

dms1

Explorer
I always take two pictures, one in AE mode (Aperture) and one in auto. I wish I could setup my camera to automatically take two pictures that way.

Joe917

Explorer
90% of the time I shoot A because I want to control depth of field.
For underwater work I shoot manual

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Aperture priority for general shooting, shutter priority for action, and manual for the artistic work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Aperture in daytime. Shutter or Manual at night, since I'm usually doing something oddball that the meter can't figure out.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Landscape: full manual

Controlled Portrait: aperture with manual ISO.

Weddings or general walk around: aperture with auto ISO, but I always set the min shutter speed depending on lens length, longer lenses I usual set a min shutter speed of 2x lens length, wider I'll set it to as low as 1x lens length.

High pixel dense cameras are too demanding I find to use the old adage of 1:1 focal length to min shutter speed, at least with anything over 50mm.

So for example if I'm using an 85mm for wedding casuals I usually set my slowest shutter speed to 160th or 200th of a sec, depending on lighting conditions.

Sirocco

Explorer
Aperture with manually set ISO. I always keep an eye on shutter speed though. Often I'm too lazy to turn it to shutter priority so I just dial in what I want by adjusting the aperture! Maybe I should try manual?

G

photo_i

Explorer
Aperture with manually set ISO. I always keep an eye on shutter speed though. Often I'm too lazy to turn it to shutter priority so I just dial in what I want by adjusting the aperture! Maybe I should try manual?

I use manual aperture + shutter speed only for long exposure shots, otherwise I don't really see much sense in setting both manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne