First impressions of bfg at kos.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I installed a set of bfg at tires in 285/70/17 today on my jk unlimited sport. I'm very impressed, no pull like my st maxx had and a much softer ride. You can feel the lighter weight and sidewalls for sure. I just hope they do as well in the backcountry.

First trip on them is coming soon.

Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

We do not have a lot of deep mud. Mostly trails that used to me fire roads etc all through out the back country. Stone fling comes with the off road territory.

kojackJKU

I am liking mine a lot. works great on road, just waiting to get the family geared up for a back country trip soon.

Bikemobile

Adventurer
We do not have a lot of deep mud. Mostly trails that used to me fire roads etc all through out the back country. Stone fling comes with the off road territory.

Ya my point is, if you have little or no fenders and no doors you might catch a rock in the face. I've seen it happen.

kojackJKU

NOt sure. We do not have sand other than the sand that's put on the icy roads. ha ha. I would say aired down they would be good.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
I have had a couple sets now. I'm tired of them, this current set will be my last. They have never balanced well, and are pretty heavy compared to other tires in their class. I have read that many Norwegian 4x4 guys used to use them a lot, but are now steering away from them as they no longer seem to be built with the same quality. I actually had broken belts inside one of mine on a '99 4Runner, from driving on the pot-holed roads of New York. Certainly, roads up there suck... but you would expect a tire like this to be able to handle travel on a poor highway.

Grip is fine. But overall quality is not. No more for me.

stioc

Expedition Leader
I love mine compared to my previous two sets of Duratracs. Much quieter, much stronger sidewalls, good wear and good on/off road traction.

kojackJKU

Yeah, I am impressed every time a do something different with them. Off road, on road, whatever. the ride on and off road is 1000 times better than with the coopers.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Yeah, I am impressed every time a do something different with them.

There IS a reason why they are the gold standard among AT tires. The people that have "bad" experiences with them are FAR outweighed by the people who love em!

kojackJKU

what is so amusing about that. it is true, I bet there are more BFG at's sold as a true AT tire than all other combined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles