First impressions of bfg at kos.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I just noticed something about this place recently. Whoever says anything good about a jeep product, is cast out like a moron. I think the other brand owners have complexes or are EXTREMELY JEALOUS. Seems they all have a pickle up their ***** about jeeps. I can work at importing one for you if you are that insecure. I think the real SHEEPLE are the brand blind Toyota owners.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Ha ha ....WOW all terrain, you dearailed this thread about my thoughts on the AT. good for you. now, please take whatever you like to drive, and go drive. thanks!

You weren't looking for actual opinions on BFG AT's. You had already decided you loved them before this thread was started. You were only looking for confirmation from others that BFG AT's are awesome. Much like what you just said about others and their thoughts on Jeeps.

Besides, since BFG AT's are so world-renowned, and so historically fantastic, why did we even need a thread on BFG AT's in the first place...?

Also, I made no mention of Toyota's (other than that I USED to own one). I don't have one. But you have some inferiority complex about Toyota's, obviously, since you jump to that conclusion.

Fact is, you live in a goldfish bowl and will never leave it.

kojackJKU

NO, I was giving MY OPINION OF MY TIRES. I am not looking for anyone else's confirmation. Unlike yourself who needs to bash someone elses gear because you don't use it and think its the be all end all.

WOW you are an a hole! No fish bowl here buddy. I am out in the country every chance I get, with every type of vehicle. I don't have any complex about Toyotas, other than the lot here is full of rusty garbage they took back to destroy as they are unsafe.

I just noticed, you drive a G500, that explains it. small penis syndrome. Look everyone I drive a merc. ha ha ha! I am filthy rich, or, I bought a used one for cheap and want to make it look like im filthy rich. ha ha...knob.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
NO, I was giving MY OPINION OF MY TIRES. I am not looking for anyone else's confirmation. Unlike yourself who needs to bash someone elses gear because you don't use it and think its the be all end all.

WOW you are an a hole! No fish bowl here buddy. I am out in the country every chance I get, with every type of vehicle. I don't have any complex about Toyotas, other than the lot here is full of rusty garbage they took back to destroy as they are unsafe.

I just noticed, you drive a G500, that explains it. small penis syndrome. Look everyone I drive a merc. ha ha ha! I am filthy rich, or, I bought a used one for cheap and want to make it look like im filthy rich. ha ha...knob.

Are you even old enough to be driving? Should we be discussing these tires with your mom, instead?

kojackJKU

older than you think. actually I was going to ask you the same thing since you came into this thread and bicthed and moaned about everything about it. Please leave...thank you.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Both Kojack and Allterrain made a valid point or two at the beginning, but now the pants seem to be down, and measuring tapes are out. Not sure I care to see the results...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've had more than 50 Crown Vics as company cars. Never a one of them had BFG ATs on them...
But they all were ridden hard and put away wet. Two speeds: floored or stopped (and idling). Literally millions of miles on them.
Replaced axle bearings, valve stem seals, the plastic grommet in the autotrans, and then the headliners would fall down (around 300,000K usually).
Oil changes were at 12K to 15K intervals with dino. Sometimes a TPS would fry and make the idle funky; sometimes they need a window actuator.
But those things were tanks and you could use them as weapons. I have a soft spot for them, especially the older ones with the 351 engines.

And I have Jeeps. The easiest 4WD to buy and mod, the easiest to wrench.
To each their own on vehicle choices. I won't tell you that you're wife/kid is fat and ugly; I'll thank you to have the courtesy to do the same.

kojackJKU

Im done. I made the post to view my thoughts on MY new tires, compared to what I have used in the past. Which was, Cooper ST MAXX, Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, Terra Trac ATs and a few others I can't remember. I have wore each set of these out. Not Just used them for a week.

I don't need someone coming in to a thread that just gives a persons thoughts on something and for other people to ask questions on the persons experiences, bitching and moaning, about this is better or that is better blah blah blah. There are plenty of posts discussing peoples hatred of a certain product. that's not what I intended this thread to become. Just to give my experiences. I drive ALOT. On road and off. I do not have a magazine or website, but My family and I spend ALOT and I mean ALOT of time on the road and off the road. And not just in my Jeep. We use my jeep, our suburban, F250 and mazda 5. Plus My wife and I, travel on motorcycles as well. I am lucky to live in a very wilderness cover part of north America. The island section of newfoundland has over 111,000 sq kms of land mass, the most populated area is on the east coast in the city of st johns. there are 250,000 people there. the rest of the population is spead over the island. The population of the whole province, not just the island is 514,000. the mainland part of the provice known as Labrador has over 293,000 sq kms of land mass. So to say there is no adventure or overlanding experience to be had is flat out false. there are places here that cannot be accessed by car, only boat, but there are people who are making it to these places in overland vehicles. you can travel across the whole island on trails. that's over 1200 kms of trail just in one direction. then use all the branch out there is probably over 10,000kms of trails, roads and routes on the island.

I have traveled most of these. I have yet to touch Labrador, which will be up coming once my youngest gets a little older.

I also hold a ASN Canada FIA racing licence for racing in the Targa Newfoundland. I know how vehicle dynamics work, and feel with different products being used. I planned on racing my 83 RX-7 with 302 ford motor in it, but I sold it a couple of years back before it was completed with necessary roll cage etc. I will be competing in the future, probably using a Subaru STI or Mitsu evo. Either way, i'm Racing in it.

you look at any globe and the island looks way smaller than it really is.

So, again, I have experience in what tires do what and how they work in various situations and I feel my opinions are valid ones. End of discussion and thread.

The BFG's work great for anyone in a true multi surface situation. No they don't work great in mud, but in everything else they are an exceptional tire. Hence being unchanged for so long.

kojackJKU

I've had more than 50 Crown Vics as company cars. Never a one of them had BFG ATs on them...
But they all were ridden hard and put away wet. Two speeds: floored or stopped (and idling). Literally millions of miles on them.
Replaced axle bearings, valve stem seals, the plastic grommet in the autotrans, and then the headliners would fall down (around 300,000K usually).
Oil changes were at 12K to 15K intervals with dino. Sometimes a TPS would fry and make the idle funky; sometimes they need a window actuator.
But those things were tanks and you could use them as weapons. I have a soft spot for them, especially the older ones with the 351 engines.

And I have Jeeps. The easiest 4WD to buy and mod, the easiest to wrench.
To each their own on vehicle choices. I won't tell you that you're wife/kid is fat and ugly; I'll thank you to have the courtesy to do the same.

I love the marauder. all black with nice wheels. much better looking than the caprice SS that came out. I have my eye on one that an old man in his 80s own here. they never sold any Vics and just brought one of the marauders in and he bought it because it was "the big car". I am going to approach him soon and see if he's up for maybe a trade for my 87 Jag V.P. v12.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The Marauder is a sweet package.
Or build your own --- get an '89 with the 351 and add a blower. If it has the PD package, the swaybars are already beefy and it had the big timing chain. Some good wheels, sticky tires, and a modern stereo...

kojackJKU

Yeah. Lots of that setup around. police cruisers are available around here during auctions
Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94