anyone ever lift a newer model F250 2wd?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am looking for some information on putting a lift on my 2wd 2008 F250 to make it sit like a 4wd. I have seen a 2.5-3" front and a 2" rear lift for it. Anyone use one of these on theirs? I am using my truck for work with my small engine/performance/powdercoating/painting business and want the truck to sit better and have a little more capability off road. She's a tank, 4 door 8ft box so serious off roading will be not happening in this but trips to the cottage with materials, pickup and drop off of equipment, and trips to pick up 5th wheels and my 34ft trailer loaded with machinery will be the brunt of use on this truck. I want it to look really good for advertising for my business. Comfort is also a requirement. I have been looking at the 2.5" front 2" rear, and then adding some good airbags to the rear for extra weight control. im going to run a set of aftermarket 17" rims with 285/70/17 BFG AT's on it. Some extra goodies like lighting etc but that wont make much difference to the weight of the truck.

Raul B

Explorer
i would just do the kit you mentioned. we have been running those kind of kits on 2wd superdutys for a long time with no problems. what brand are you considering on going with?

kojackJKU

I don't know the brand name, its just spacers so I figure they are all the same. and use Monroe reflex shocks on it.

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
be careful with 17" rims.. Some don't clear the brake calipers.

As for lifts there's a ton of ways to do it and the vary between 150 bucks to 5K.

A nice setup would be 2.5" icon coils, F350 stock rear blocks and a nice set of shocks all the way around.. shouldn't break the bank to much.

kojackJKU

Icon has stuff for 2wd? I will have to venture over and see whats doing over there. ha ha. I am partial to the Monroe reflex shocks. I have them on my JKU and my 2005 suburban and both vehicles ride amazing. Lots of control in all situations.

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
I don't know what's different between the 2wd and 4wd up front to be honest. 99% sure they are still coils so really just finding the right coils and running wit it. A bigger coil is going to run alot better than a spacer setup... I think this kit

http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...rd-superduty-f250-f350-25-stage-1-system.html

Being your a 2wd, it probably doesn't need the F350 block.
Call around and ask, Marty at Truck Toyz http://trucktoyzperformance.com/wp/
Trevor at PMF - http://www.pmfsuspension.com/

Either of these guys will be able to tell you what it takes to lift a 2wd and can set you up with a great kit.

Again it's all about the $$ and what kind of performance you require from your suspension.

kojackJKU

Oh yah. I know its all about the money. I have run spacers in my last 4 rigs with great results. Im not adverse to running them. I am looking to just get my rig sitting like a 4wd instead of a low rider, and maintain my load capacity.

Raul B

Explorer
Here are a few nice examples of expedition prepared Land Cruisers:

FJ60: Balum

FXover_palmtrees2.jpg

FZJ80:

DSCF5081.jpg

UZJ100: Doron's 1999

doron_ovens_lift_jpg.jpg

The fabtech 6" kit will get you to the height of about a 4wd truck with a 4" kit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Not yet. I am going to call him tomorrow. I am seriously looking at the fabtech system now. BtW, ****** does the land crusiers have to do with lifting my F250? ha ha ha!:wings:

kojackJKU

Not looking for anything like that. ha ha. I consider that useless for anything besides showing you have a small penis ha ha ha!....great flex tho!...just lower it a few dozen inches...ha ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94