Blocking windows of SUV while sleeping inside?

guestwho

Observer
Hi, what are you guys using to cover your windows while you sleep inside? I don't like the idea of random creeps being able to watch me while I sleep :drool: and I'd like something that can be put on/removed easily. Thanks!

peneumbra

Explorer
I don't know any random creeps. I only know specific creeps, most of whom are friends. Creepy friends, but there you have it.

Anyway... you could install curtains, on curtain rods, but if you more want to be more casual, simply duct-tape aluminum foil (shiny side out) to your windows and your worries are over.

Mobryan

Adventurer
On mine, I have some of the 3m command strip hooks on each door pillar, near the headliner. At night, I run a loop of 550 cord around them and drape towels, t shirts, tarps, ect, over the line. A damp towel in front of a partially open up-wind window makes for a nice swamp cooler at night, too.

Matt

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
All our windows are tinted so the only one that is easy to see in is the front and I use a folding sunscreen. The rest I don't worry about but then I am usually not changing in there (space issues).

I have done black garbage bags taped with black electricians tape as a quick fix when staying in a busy lot.

GCAdventurer

Where did I put my keys??
Curtains, they work well.
IMG_2938.gif
Mine are attached through the headliner with eye-hole screws. I have used the stretchy white curtain string you can find cheaply at Wally Mart which is basically a coil spring sheathed in rubber. You can connect the ends together by screwing a hook screw into the ends. The only thing I need to do is attach some velcro or snaps to the bottom of the curtains to keep them close to the body panels as my van has a curved body unlike older Caravans or Safari/Astro vans.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am lucky that my old burb is all metal and double lucky that my buddy Nick had a set of canvas curtains his mom sewed up with magnets all around the edges. Works great (not as well as his new black ones though) and keeps plenty of light out and warmth in (during the winter)

Ultralite

Adventurer
I second the recommendation from UK4x4. At our home improvement stores around here it's called "Reflectix". I cut mine to fit pretty easily with my leatherman knife bc it was handy. I bet a pair of house scissors would do it. Inexpensive and easy to work with.

EduardoMas

I value keeping the gear in the SUV away from outside viewers (day or night).
When sleeping in the SUV I like to see the source of creepy noises outside as well as getting the morning sun

What do you think of:
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediaw...TSevTSeSSSSSS--&fn=11090582_WindowFilm_LR.pdf

3M perforated adhesive media for window graphics.

My SUV is white, so I was thinking of a film that is black on the inside and just plain white on the outside. They would go on all back windows. The front windows are not as much of an issue for me.

What do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier