To sell or keep

Jmack

I currently own an 07 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab 5.9ctd 80k miles. The truck has a few minor mods but needs some upgrades. Trucks history: I purchased this truck new in 2007 when I was part owner in a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealership. Shortly after the current POTUS took office we received our letter of franchise termination under TARP. After owning several Jeeps and Dodges this act changed my outlook on the company and their vehicles. The truck has been paid off for several years and sits stored and driven about once a month.

Should I keep the truck and mod it to my liking or sell and purchase something entirely different. Purchases I'm interested in are older Toyotas, Rover LR3.. For what I could sell truck for I could pickup a used vehicle and have more than enough money left over for mods, fuel, etc. Sorry for Chrysler rant...

Jmack

Probably the biggest reason I rarely drive is it needs a new set of tires. I have held back purchasing until I decide what I want to do.

ZMagic97

Explorer
If it's paid for, you don't need money or room, and want a dedicated camping/travel truck, I'd keep it.

rystjohn

Observer
I desperately need a ¾ ton truck to haul my camper. I'm in Asheville NC. I say sell it...to me! Or I'll give you my F150 and Ford Escape!! Haha

p nut

butter
Seems like a no-brainer to me. If you're not using it and/or need it, sell it. Pick up a used LC (or whatever you want) and have fun with it. You should be able to get good resale value out of the Dodge, at least.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
If the Dodge has a dedicated use, or will, and will meet those needs adequately. I would keep it. Unless you just hate Dodge and the very sight of it makes you mad because of the way you were treated.
You know the history of it and how it was taken care of so that is one less thing to worry about.
If you bought a new truck what would you build it into? Would the Dodge work?
I have a truck that gets driven once or twice a month but it has a , more or less, dedicated purpose and works very well for that use.
If you only drive it to keep it lubed up and the battery charged and don't like driving it then that would be a reason to sell it.

Darrell

Clutch

<---Pass
They way I look at it..just about everything in our lives is government subsidized, from the food we eat to the fuel in our vehicles. I wouldn't let political activities sway how you purchase or sell.

You have a damn fine truck there, I would keep it...however if you're getting bored with it, nothing wrong with trying something different...I'll trade you a clapped out Tacoma for it. :p

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
if its paid off and the only real reason your selling it is to "get back at" or whatever to Chrysler, Keep it. You can modify it to be a great rig. Remember, before this happened you thought it was a great truck right? Having it paid off is a huge thing. You can add whatever you need. small lift, tires, winch, camper etc. then you have an awesome rig that you can have fun in and enjoy the outdoors.

Outback

Explorer
I would keep it as it is the perfect platform for an excellent Expedition Rig. You would be hard pressed to find something else as nice for a base vehicle to start from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior