1993 Toyota Pickup - Desk to Glory v2.0

vicali

Adventurer
Nice, nothing like quick trip to the backcountry remind you what's important..

Have you got any postcards from Red yet?

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
If you don't mind me asking where did you guys camp at Baker? I'm from Bellingham....

Loubaru, we just camped at the Douglas Fir state campground. Great quiet campground if that's what you're looking for. As for backcountry stuff, we did some exploring, but don't have any GPS coordinates to share unfortunately...

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
That is one great looking ride! I loved watching Red get built. Almost made me switch from Nissan. :D

By the way, I like your photography style. Do you use Lightroom for processing? I'd be really interested to learn about your processing technique as well.

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
That is one great looking ride! I loved watching Red get built. Almost made me switch from Nissan. :D

By the way, I like your photography style. Do you use Lightroom for processing? I'd be really interested to learn about your processing technique as well.

I really wanted to build another 3rd gen, but finding one that was already most of the way there is way less expensive.

I shoot with a Canon 5D II (or III) and a 35mm 1.4. The wide stuff is shot with a 17-40mm f4. I use Lightroom for all post processing... I created a preset I liked from my wedding photography (www.richardgiordano.com) and stuck with it for all of our travel/truck photos. A lot of our travel photos are GoPro Hero2 shots. Everything gets tweaked a bit in LR.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I really wanted to build another 3rd gen, but finding one that was already most of the way there is way less expensive.

I shoot with a Canon 5D II (or III) and a 35mm 1.4. The wide stuff is shot with a 17-40mm f4. I use Lightroom for all post processing... I created a preset I liked from my wedding photography (www.richardgiordano.com) and stuck with it for all of our travel/truck photos. A lot of our travel photos are GoPro Hero2 shots. Everything gets tweaked a bit in LR.

That is a great way to keep costs down, I admit.

I've been experimenting with similar techniques, trying to come up with something that works for me. All my images go through LR as well.

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
Apparently I haven't been paying attention to the trends in car audio lately. I didn't know you could buy a decent head unit that uses Bluetooth to play music off your iPhone for $110. How do you say no to that? I've almost got all of the creature comforts of a new car now... okay, maybe that's not entirely true.

Alpine UTE-4200BT

14479612441_6704409d35_c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94