1993 Toyota Pickup - Desk to Glory v2.0

DeskToGlory

Adventurer

Here you go Tylerhasaphone! Sorry it's just a garbage iPhone video. Custom 2.25" with a 40 Series Flowmaster and aftermarket cat. The 3.0L has stock cams back in it.

Great looking truck, are you on the island or mainland BC? I thought I remembered something from the red truck build about the island

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
Great looking truck, are you on the island or mainland BC? I thought I remembered something from the red truck build about the island

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in Vancouver right now. Built the red truck up in Powell River.

Heading back down to Costa Rica to go pick up Red and keep driving south though... only a few more months to go!

Fundy Rider

Really nice looking truck. Been following you guys for some time.

I was curious about your own truck with the ome rears springs and the height you initially got out of them.

Reason being is I am building an expo rig out of a 94 extra cab. It has the bracket lift up front for now but I need to match the rear and have been toying with the thought of a set of Alcan rear springs or go with ome spring in combination with a longer shackle and a one inch block.

Leaning towards the ome as it's off the shelf and with shipping to the Canadian East Coast the Alcans price sure add up.

It has a block lift in the rear now but it has to go. I can feel the axle rotate if I get on the gas.

So with your experience with your own truck and this truck with the rear setup using a one inch block would you consider the cso20r ome springs and a one inch block.

After being home for awhile after your initial trip would you do anything different?

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
Really nice looking truck. Been following you guys for some time.

I was curious about your own truck with the ome rears springs and the height you initially got out of them.

Reason being is I am building an expo rig out of a 94 extra cab. It has the bracket lift up front for now but I need to match the rear and have been toying with the thought of a set of Alcan rear springs or go with ome spring in combination with a longer shackle and a one inch block.

Leaning towards the ome as it's off the shelf and with shipping to the Canadian East Coast the Alcans price sure add up.

It has a block lift in the rear now but it has to go. I can feel the axle rotate if I get on the gas.

So with your experience with your own truck and this truck with the rear setup using a one inch block would you consider the cso20r ome springs and a one inch block.

After being home for awhile after your initial trip would you do anything different?

It's really hard to beat the price of the OME Dakar springs. Fully loaded for our trip, the heavy springs work great. Overall I wouldn't change the decision to go with the simple OME suspension.

I expect that the heavy springs and Trail Gear shackles (without a block) would match the height of the bracket lifted truck fairly well. How much additional weight do you plan on carrying 95% of the time? I think the heavy duty springs (CS020R) would be too stiff without having any load in the truck. If push came to shove, I think adding a block would be okay. I've never really had a problem running a small 1" block if needed.

Here's a photo of my other truck fully loaded (OME Heavy Springs and Trail Gear shackles) to give you an idea of how they settle after being loaded with a few hundred pounds for 4 months.

140122_DeskToGlory_SecurityUpgrades-15.jpg

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
We fly back to Costa Rica the first week of May and will start heading south from there. :wings:

Super jealous Richard! Will be following the blog as usual. I'd love to pick your brain on this whole thing one day and me and my fiance would love to head South (maybe not as far) in the Tundra before we have kids.

DeskToGlory

Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94