Factory Navigation Docking Station - Installed

mcm4090

Explorer
Nissan now offers a Portable navigation docking unit for the 2005 and up Frontiers, Xterra's and Pathfinders. The docking station goes on the dash in place of the top tray above the radio.

You can order the docking station and the Garmin nuvi 750 from The Nismo Shop where they will give you a discount. Great customer service.

http://www.thenismoshop.com/

Pro's
- Power supply is done through the radio so there are no visiable wires.
- There is a lid that closes w/ the GPS unit inside making it not visiable
- Easy Installation

Con's
- Limited on the type of Navigation units that can be used.
- At this time it is only available in charcoal (I install this on my wife's Frontier that has a gray interior).

Installation can be done in under 30 minutes.

1) First you will need to remove the top tray. Place painters tape on the top lip of the radio to pervent scratches, and use a small flat head screwdriver to gently pry up the top tray.
100_2916.jpg

2) Remove one Screw above radio, then pry off radio bezel.
100_2919.jpg

100_2921.jpg

3) Remove 4 screws to remove radio.
100_2926.jpg

4) Use supplied wire connector to tap into power supply behind radio. Pin 1 (Green with a black tracer)
100_2929.jpg

5) Re-install radio adding ground wire to top mount bracket.
100_2930.jpg

6) Re-install cluster bezel, while pulling docking harness through hole.
100_2931.jpg

7) Install housing assembly strap with housing screw.
100_2932.jpg

8) Connect wiring connector to docking station and secure docking station.
100_2934.jpg

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Nice work! :26_7_2:
Very clean work, and great photos/report.
Thanks....(now I'm jealous...)

safari.gif

david despain

Adventurer
the docking station looks considerably darker than the surrounding plastic is this just a trick of the camera or what? it says on the website that its for multiple colors of interiors i wonder if yours is different than mine as my interior looks a little darker than yours, closer to the color of the new docking unit.

mcm4090

Explorer
david despain said:
the docking station looks considerably darker than the surrounding plastic is this just a trick of the camera or what? it says on the website that its for multiple colors of interiors i wonder if yours is different than mine as my interior looks a little darker than yours, closer to the color of the new docking unit.
The dash on my wife's LE Frontier is gray. The flash from the camera did make the color difference more dramatic. The docking station is for the charcoal interior.
I have a NISMO Frontier and the color of my dash charcoal (dark gray).

mcm4090

Explorer
update

Con's
- Limited on the type of Navigation units that can be used.
- At this time it is only available in charcoal (I install this on my wife's Frontier that has a gray interior).

Just wanted to update this. Nissan now offers the ducking station in all the interior colors.

Since we had a charcoal color ducking station in my wife's truck we got a Steel color ducking station and the one we had in her truck and installed the charcoal one in my truck.

gps001.jpg

gps002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles