Ram X mounts for tablet and phone

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Who is using or has used x mounts for their tablets and phone? I want to use these on a vector e dock for my tablet etc for nav and communication purposes. Good or bad I would like to hear your experiences.

Finlay

Triarius
I have them for both my phone and my 7" tablet. They work great and work well, although my one complaint is that they allow a small amount of rotation when they are holding a device. There isn't any way around that, however, and so it goes. Beats having to get a new holder every time I upgrade.

DaveNay

Adventurer
Ditto on the rotation issue. It's especially noticeable if you have one of the coil wound cords for charging your device. What I do is align the X-Mount so that it isn't actually "straight". Then when the weight of the cord pulls on the one side, it hits the limit of rotation and is then positioned properly horizontally.

Boost Creep

Adventurer
i've got one for my ipad mini and it works just fine. i've noticed the small rotational wiggle too but its never bothered me nor affected my usage of it

kojackJKU

ok, awesome, I can work around that. I don't think I will be using coil power cords. Iggyb, how is that setup with the phone and GPS right next to each other. I want to mount my phone and tablets right next to each other like that.

IggyB

Adventurer
RAM-B-201-A.jpg

RAM-B-202U.jpg

RAM-B-111BU.jpg

And 2 X-Grips mounted to the 6" wide bar

kojackJKU

Ah, so its not a dual x mount, just two side by side. I think im going to get that setup you have for my suburban. and then go with a clamping setup for my JKU as I will be running the Vector Off road e dock long. I do like your setup for my big rig tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier