What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

enzo

Explorer
It's polished aluminum. The bumper is very light but it's just not my thing. I'm ordering an ARB Sahara on Monday to replace it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Oh ok. I have the Sahara, too. That's petty neat being all aluminum. Good for someone worried about weight or looking to shed a few pounds

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Installed the new Radflos. The ones that they originally sent me were for a 200 series. They worked great but the adjustable remote reservoirs didn't really have any decent mounting options. The fine folks at Radflo built me a new set with piggyback reservoirs and shipped them to me (gratis) along with a return label for the old (new) ones. Thanks Radflo. Very classy!

Also removed the rear sway bar. If and when I can score some extended sway bar links ill reinstall it. In the meantime ill scrub the rust repaint it and score some new hardware.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Finished preparing the firewall and laid down the first coat of primer.
20150107_211528_zpsyomi0xp8.jpg

I also think I found the color the body will be. Smurfadelic Monstaliner
20150107_195711_zps6lsabhqv.jpg

Bretthn

Explorer
Took off the rooftop tent and was reminded how much better the LX looks without it. Will be working on some tent improvements/amenities while it is off this winter.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
I just had my rear third reworked for the third time- short version of the story is the firs time it was assembled by a "reputable" shop with a monkey and a hammer, which led to me doing it myself. After around 25K, it was making noise. I had ACC in Atlanta inspect and repair. The only issue with my set up was that a shim on the solid collar had crushed, reducing the pinion preload. They replaced all of the bearings with KOYO's and I stuck it back in. It's the best it's been since I bought the truck.

Replaced my hoodlifts with Strongarm lifts from Advance Auto- around $40. No more banged head at the worst time.

The_Jayhawker

Observer
Just replaced my hood and rear hatch shocks as well. Previous owner could live without `em I guess.. College student, so it makes sense..

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
No pics. I left my phone/camera in the cab. I installed the Marks 3.08:1 low/1:1 high low range gear set on Saturday. It took us 8 hrs, but we had to hone out the center of the low range gear by 1 thousandth of an inch - which was quite unexpected. There was only a small amount of clearing the inner housing for the center large gear. Pretty straight forward.
This is a very abbreviated version, I wrote a longer text on the Vancouver Island Club page on MUD. 55% lower range with the 3.70 gears on my 60 wagon will definitely help behind the 12H-T. I have an ARB on the bench, fitting has been tapped, and new to me FF in bits ready for rebuild. Yukon bound this fall, gonna be great!
Work calls, got to pay for this now!

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Working on my OBS system. Pump and heat exchanger are mounted and starting on the lines.

Attachments

• IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 58

MikesVX80

Observer
Simple stuff today - new front window seals fitted and towbar-mounted mountain bike rack fitted. Not really worthy of a pic, though!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior