What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Just heard from the dealer, apparently a new steering rack is in my future :(

What are they quoting you for the R&R?

I recently put a new rack in my 2000 100, it's a chore of a job but doable in 4-6 hours. Key is to unbolt both motor mounts and lift the motor up until the fan can no longer flex against the shroud anymore. You'll be able to glide the rack in and out with ease. Anything short of that... I seriously don't think it can happen :eek:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I believe it ended up around $1900 but I need to double check.

The steering is super tight now! I think I had some tie rod issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hairy_apple

Adventurer
Put a tarp on it... :( I had wanted to go out into the storm and explore some wet winter roads this weekend, but the wife is sick. So, tossed a tarp on it and it's going to sit and wait for next weekend I guess.

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Decided to replace the old brake hoses with extended OEM hoses from the Tundra/T100 :cool:

OEMextendedBrakehoses.jpg

newbrakehosez1.jpg

newbrakehosez2.jpg

newbrakehosez3.jpg

Even with 387,xxx miles, they came out easily :yup:

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
After wheeling a couple weekends ago, I found that my front locker wasn't engaging so, long story short, I pull off the actuator and found that a gear shaft was seized from crud. After figuring out the operation of it, I freed it up and lubed it, and ran the motor with a 9V battery a few minutes to free everything up and reassembled. I can now easily hear the locker engaging. It was simple work, really. some folks have issues with corroded screws, but mine were good. I'll do the rear soon just for peace of mind.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Pulled the rotting meat out of my fridge! The only scary bit was the hamburger which I am pretty sure is the source of a toxic e-coli. For that I wore gloves and a mask and washed my hands with bleach. :Wow1:

Left overs from baja I didn't chuck out yet. Been sick, didn't want to deal with it. Now just need to clean my fridge and back in action.

Oh ya, lost low beams on the last leg home. Checking things, I have a burned fuse. Time for more investigation.

Cheers

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The thought of the smell in the fridge just made me gag... lol

QUOTE=RMP&O;1772285]Pulled the rotting meat out of my fridge! The only scary bit was the hamburger which I am pretty sure is the source of a toxic e-coli. For that I wore gloves and a mask and washed my hands with bleach. :Wow1:

Left overs from baja I didn't chuck out yet. Been sick, didn't want to deal with it. Now just need to clean my fridge and back in action.

Oh ya, lost low beams on the last leg home. Checking things, I have a burned fuse. Time for more investigation.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Took off my next to new(for sale) BFG's and added new Toyo Open Country M/T 37"x13.50" on 17" x8.5" Trail Ready beadlocks, replaced the old Cobra LTD 29 with my old Galaxy 48T peaked and tuned, with a Wilson 5000 whip, Spidertrax wheel spacers, LED headlights, 2 - Rigid Dually spots, oem front signals w/leds......

Attachments

• sneakers.jpg
    sneakers.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 58

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
Took off my next to new(for sale) BFG's and added new Toyo Open Country M/T 37"x13.50" on 17" x8.5" Trail Ready beadlocks, replaced the old Cobra LTD 29 with my old Galaxy 48T peaked and tuned, with a Wilson 5000 whip, Spidertrax wheel spacers, LED headlights, 2 - Rigid Dually spots, oem front signals w/leds......

That is a nice 40. I'll have to go back over your build thread and look it over. What is the BS on the rims?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke