What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Added a pair of 16 LED reverse bulbs

LEDreverselites1.jpg

LEDreverselites2.jpg

LEDreverselites3.jpg

LEDreverselites4.jpg

LEDreverselites5.jpg

r3run33

Adventurer
sorry for em also but why wouldn't the tanks last long? theft??? hey desert rat how is the tank attached is that just a pipe clamp?? any info thanks

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
sorry for em also but why wouldn't the tanks last long? theft??? hey desert rat how is the tank attached is that just a pipe clamp?? any info thanks

I think hes implying that they would somehow be torn from the vehicle by atempting to do some insane class 5 rock crawling or something... lol

The bracket is a powetank propane holder which is bolted to the carrier. Very solid and is lockable. Also if one were concerned with theft could up the ante and run a cable through the carry handle securing it to the swing out. Links on info for the tank and bracket are here.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/67246-Equipt-s-Land-Cruiser-100-Series/page23

Rumpig

Adventurer
wasn't today but recently....I had to bypass the immobiliser on the back of the fuel pump (have since installed a different aftermarket immobiliser now). The vehicle was playing up and wouldn't start again once the engine got hot, would start fine in the mornings and run fine, but if you stopped somewhere it wouldn't restart again until the engine had cooled right down. I even resorted to pouring ice cold water from the fridge in the rear of the vehicle over the immobiliser and fuel pump to get it going again a few times. Seems to be a pretty common problem with the 1HZ powered Crusiers i've since found out, as they get older in age the electronics in the immobiliser unit starts to play up on them. Toyota want about $800 for a new immobiliser apparently, so a mate worked out how to bypass it for me, which turned out to be a 45 minute job in the end. Was quoted up to $1500 to do the job by diesel shops here in town, as they said the pump needs to be removed to do the job.....but we found a way around that and only had to remove the oil filter to gain access to drill out a few anti tamper bolts to get access to bypass the unit.

Last edited:

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
In preparation of getting a front bumper from benc, I had to figure out my turn signal situation. I don't like the look of those "eagle eye" bullet LEDs people are sticking to their bumpers. To me, it just looks cheap. So I acquired a set of Land Cruiser corner lights. The turn signals and sockets plug right in and there is enough wire to pull them up without modification. I taped off the parking light plug and stashed it in the fender. Now my turn signals are where they should have been all along! The only downside is I no longer have front parking lights. To me, this isn't a big deal because of the daytime running lamps. Overall, I'm happy with how everything turned out.

As a side note, the wiring harness has a connector that plugs into the socket. That plug looks like it would plug into either socket. LX owners should be able to lengthen the parking light plug and connect it to the turn signal socket and run the turn signal wires up the the LX corner lights. This would be an easy way to get the turn signals where they should be with just some time and some wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94