What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

Rumpig

Adventurer
Well last weekend was a long weekend here in most Australia, so i spent that removing more gear off of my Cruiser. All up so far i have removed...
- Front spotties and the quick release mount for holding the sand flag inplace on front bullbar
- uhf radio and antennae
- removed SAAS pump up lumbar support front bucket seat and replaced it with a cheaper bottom of the range SAAS seat
- rear work lights from roofrack
- Engel fridge and fridge slide it was sitting on
- storage draws from rear cargo area
- shovel holder on roofrack
- awning from roofrack
- 80W solar panel from roofrack
- lightbar from front of roofrack
- roofrack itself
- compressor from rear cargo area
- switches for the air lockers and compressor (have left all tubing and wires in the vehicle for the lockers, though hope to remove the rear locker before the vehicle goes, but this might not happen)
- 180ltr Longranger long range fuel tank
- cargo barrier for rear cargo area
- 8" alloy wheels and muddies removed and replaced with 6.5" skinnys and road tyres
- front recovery points

On top of all that the vehicle got professionally detailed today.... i'll try and grab a pic of it looking all nice and shiny, and then post up a pic of it when it was all modded versus what it looks like now.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Loaded the "Red Dragon" (1987 HJ61) up for a weekend on the trails for the RelicRun/RetroRamble event. Excellent times and the Cruiser rocked though it needs some suspension in a bad way :D

IMG_3495 (Small).JPG

rr_rr_15.JPG

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Man, that looks like fun. Even a couple pigs in the group. What's the plan for the Dragon?

2 pigs and even a 45LV :cool: We had a dozen Land Cruisers and a mix of other rigs including that sweet early Bronco with a vintage Four Wheel Camper install.

Not sure what will happen quite yet. It is a very clean JDM HJ61 with ~120k miles. Cable lockers F&R and loaded, heated seats, sunroof, AC, etc. I'm really toying with SOA, 35's, bumpers, sliders, etc. BUT I've been down that path with a couple of other 6x Series I've owned and thus I'm really thinking OME, bumpers, sliders, 33's and some clean interior additions such as drawers and a sleeping platform. One major downside (imo) of the JDM 6x's with split rear bench is the fold/tumble design rather than the "fold & flat" design of the US 60/62 that allows you to sleep flat in the back. This trip helped refine some ideas... I'll start a build thread soon :D

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
I just got my Wits' End accessory panel unit in my console lid! This thing is so cool. You guys need one of these.

img_1764-jpg.1090788

Here is their website if you would like more info: http://absolute-wits-end.com/

Last edited:

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Replaced my leaking ARB awning with a replacement provided by ARB. Excellent customer service

Replaced an old totally abused blue Optima with an older one to keep my fridge cold:sombrero:
The replacement battery on the left was a $60 blem from Optima bought on 11/11

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 43

T-Rey1

Adventurer
Replaced my leaking ARB awning with a replacement provided by ARB. Excellent customer service

Replaced an old totally abused blue Optima with an older one to keep my fridge cold:sombrero:
The replacement battery on the left was a $60 blem from Optima bought on 11/11

Was the cover leaking?

zolo

Explorer
Finaly got my Prado lifted

I got my Prado 120 lift installed. (Full OME) And new tires 235/80-17 Cooper ST.

Super happy with the ride quality so far. Now to get it back out into the remote areas agian... We took this truck many places stock so I know it will be much improved with the new suspension and tires.

Slowly building it up.

Last photo is me with my goofy compression socks after a 3 hour mtn bike ride in the Andes. Great trails here.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1540.JPG
    IMG_1540.JPG
    420.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 48

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Spent yesterday rebuilding the parking brakes and adding new calipers, pads and rotors on the rear. Got the alignment from the new tire install, too. WHAT a day! I think a new panhard is inmy future.... the bushings looked PRETTY spent.

CYK

Adventurer
Those are going to be my new shoes, too. Hopefully by the end of next week. How do you like them?

I love them. XD wheels finally made hub-centric wheels for 5-lug Toyotas. This is the main reason why I bought them. The looks are a complete bonus as I've always had my eyes on these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz