What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
20140617_085753-1.jpg
I got the rear hatch lights cleaned and working again, replaced broken screw covers, replaced some blown fuses and added some patches to the drawers. ... ...and removed some decals... :/

97LXAZ

Spend most of the time over at Mud but been making my way over here more and more so I'll contribute if I may. Just got my second battery tray in.

IMG_20140617_164832516.jpg

tennismark

Finally got some rear draws made,designed and installed by a friend. Used 17mm formply and boat trailer runners for easy sliding draws. super happy,just needs some astro turf or carpet on top to make it comfy for the dog and Im away!!!!

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
Installed a dual battery box from an FJ80 in my FZJ. Got the parts from Southside Toyota in GA. Sam Stewart was a great help and beat any price I could find. Install was 90% straightforward. The 10% was due to needing to trim the box to fit the passengers side. Glad I had a dremel. IT made the trimming a 10 minute job to trim and fit, trim and fit.

Next will be deciding on wiring and the isolator config., and last a deep cycle battery.

Adventurer
Tucked it in for a nap...

Tucked it away for a nap...

http://hj45.tumblr.com/image/88799382864

tumblr_n76k20N6XF1txtp7wo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Stretched the old girls legs today. I've been busying with other vehicle projects and recent trips haven't been conducive to the 40 and thus it has been sitting in the driveway for over 6 months with the exception of a date night run here and there. I changed that today and took it out to an old favorite of ours :D

IMG_0710 (Small).JPG

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
Last weekend I put my 2nd battery tray in and fabricated a washer bottle mount. Still need to rewire the pump and run the hose back to the bottle.

My son and I went for a ride on my new Fierce Attitude MT's. I wondered about them, but got a chance to run some rocks and some very wet mud. They are great. I was in mud that was a foot deep and the tires cleaned very well. I'm glad I went with them now.

It was near 90 in north GA, so I need to get the AC fixed.

On the down side, I was shooting a rifle, using the door for a prop, and forgot about the ejection pattern of the rifle. Now I don't have a driver's side mirror. a piece of .308 brass shattered the mirror. It looks like I shot it. So I guess those DEPO mirrors on Amazon are in the future.

ab1985

Explorer
I installed hardware on my rear storage setup. Slowly but surely coming together. I got a line on stock 80's carpet and will be taking the truck to an upholstery shop this week for an estimate on covering to match the oak interior.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
I ordered parts: My clutch slave cyl is leaking on the FJ40. After doing some research, I learned that it would be smart to replace the slave and the master cyls at the same time. I also learned that next to OEM or AISIN, Beck Arnley is the brand to buy. The original Toyota part numbers for my '73 are 61470-3002 for the slave and 61410-30041 for the master. I found out quickly that I couldn't afford OEM or AISIN parts at this time and converting to the newer (cheaper) system was still a bit out of my price range. The hunt was on for the best deal on Beck Arnley products. Surprisingly, the best price I found was on Amazon! The slave (part# 072-4773) and master (part# 072-4757) ended up costing $85 shipped.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Took her off road for the FIRST time. Went to my "secret lake" for some kayaking. Nothing like having an entire lake to yourself!

60Dan

Explorer
Replaced the Chinese HIDs that stop working about six months ago with a set of Hella 4000 pencil beam lights

Also added a dedicated 12v power outlet in the back for the fridge

image.jpg

image.jpg

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Added LED's on the rear bumper at 1600 lumens each... should be nice and bright when I get to back up into the unknown...(no more !!!!! )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz