Big Kahuna Shower

euro.love

Adventurer
I may give that a try. I can use my 2 burner stove to heat up the water. That looks like it might be right up my alley. Did I mention it has a LIFETIME WARNTEE.

Last edited:

euro.love

Adventurer
Well mine came in today. Works pretty sweet. I have never used one before so I have nothing to compare it to. It will get me clean that for sure. Its cool, it uses a 12v 360gph bilge pump. So with that being said, Im sure someone can come up with a great home built setup with heater and everything. I may remove all the guts and put it in of my blitz water cans because they store easier for me. Now that I purchased it and know what they use I will probably make my own one day, but this will work just fine for my trip.

12v bilge pump 360gph
Group3035.jpg

Girlfriend showing how far is shoots. Not much but it will do the job.
Group3037.jpg

Group3036-2.jpg

Everything clips on nice and easy so there is no tangle of hoses and wires.
Group3038-1.jpg

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Looking at the pics, one could fabricate something similar.
The pump runs about 20 bucks from what I could find...maybe use a black water can, the bilge pump, a faucet attachable shower hose...hmmmmm

does the pump run continously when hooked to the battery?

euro.love

Adventurer
Yeah theres no switch so it just runs when plugged in. I think I will make something similar when I have time to do so, and improvise on some things. All said and done, I wish I didnt spend $110 on it just because I know I could make one for way cheaper. But I would have never thought of the idea unless I purchased it. I may buy the parts and make my own, then sell this one. I want to fit it to a blitz can so its not so bulky to store. As is its kinda the odd duck container. I would also like to come up with a heating system. So with that being said. If you have the time and ability, make one. It will save money and you can customize it any way you want. Looks like I just found myself a good rainy day project on my 4 month trip.

haplo32

The Big Kahuna is US made and it shows.
I know the owner and he hasn't had a single return in 7 years.
I had a hard time believing that at first but then we started selling their products about a year ago and no returns so far.

justfred

Adventurer
Re-opening this old thread, because I'm thinking of getting or making one of these. I swim in the ocean every few days, and I'd like a system to carry in the back of the truck to wash off my wetsuit, swimsuit, boots, fins.

Thanks for the shot of the pump, that helps!

Looking at West Marine, I see bilge pumps like that for around $25. I guess that would work fine; I was looking at external water pumps "washdown pump" for around $80 - $120 for a full "system" - seems like that would get better water pressure and I'd just drop a hose in my favorite water container. The low-end pump was 5A, I forget the GPH. I'd want to mount it to something solid, but that's easy enough to build with plywood.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Re-opening this old thread, because I'm thinking of getting or making one of these. I swim in the ocean every few days, and I'd like a system to carry in the back of the truck to wash off my wetsuit, swimsuit, boots, fins.

Thanks for the shot of the pump, that helps!

Looking at West Marine, I see bilge pumps like that for around $25. I guess that would work fine; I was looking at external water pumps "washdown pump" for around $80 - $120 for a full "system" - seems like that would get better water pressure and I'd just drop a hose in my favorite water container. The low-end pump was 5A, I forget the GPH. I'd want to mount it to something solid, but that's easy enough to build with plywood.

Please post whatever you come up with. I'm interested too.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles