LR3 Dash Trim?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
We are looking at an LR3 right now, but my wife nor myself like the wood trim in the one we have found. Is it a major undertaking to change this out?

Nate

A.J.M

Explorer
If it's the trim around the vents and the centre dash area, it pulls out and is easily changed. You need to give it a strong tug but it does come apart easily.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
NATE:
The wood trim typically uses tacky back to affix. You may have better luck heating with a hair dryer to remove than just tugging it off.

Also, the dealer may be willing to install the aluminum trim pack which would go where the wood is. It gives the truck a much more utilitarian look.

D

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Mine were painted at an autobody shop by the Land Rover Special Projects Director. Long story, but the results were cool:

IMG_3249-XL.jpg

epiccosmo

Adventurer
TexasTJ: What made you give up your JK? I know you were over in the AEV forums. I have a rover now too. Funny how people seem to switch back and forth.....

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
My wife want's a new house and I sold my JK for quite a bit of money to make the down payment. I would get another Jk but there to expensive for what you get and I really don't want to Kit one out again. I really didn't want to sell the JK, but life and wife come first. I like working on my own vehicles and I'm kind of excited about outfitting a different vehicle. This is going to be my wife's truck and I will get to play with it. That is until we get settled in the new house then were going to get her something new and Ill take the LR3 full time.

Nate

Last edited:

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
You can apply vinyl trim over the wood trim. It's a thin sheet, will mold to shape, and comes in every color, even metallic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwestpro

Explorer
Nathan, did you have two cigar lighters and a power outlet up front?

The middle is an ashtray/place for small items. Actually, you can pop the thing out and replace with felt lined storage bin. The right is lighter/12v socket. The left is 12v socket only.

I have my left 12v socket wired to the 2nd battery and always hot for charging things with vehicle off :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior