Checkout my new m-416 toy

BossHoss

Just picked up my m-416 (Thanks TexasTJ) and love it. Hardly noticed the trailer was there on the drive home. It is a shame that I am going to mod and chop up such a nicely restored trailer. The extended lunette allows me to open the tire swing without disconnecting the trailer.

First up - change out the axle and slap on some wheels to match the tow vehicle. I want to maintain the parking brake and possibly add electric brakes int he future. If anyone has done this exact mod on the M-416 and has the actual Part Numbers or measurements used to acquire such an axle I would appreciate your recommendations/information.

Typical hinged top and RTT will be added. Also going to put in a tail gate and receiver on the tail. Plan to do a "Build Thread" eventually.

Happy Trailz,

Hoss

Attachments

• 2014-05-28 17.59.43.jpg
    2014-05-28 17.59.43.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 105

Septu

Explorer
Looks good!

When I picked up my m101 last summer the something I was going to do was swap out the axle. However after camping with it for a season, and enjoying the axle/parking brake, there's not a chance I'd remove it now. I lock/engage it when I setup camp and the trailer barely moves - even when I'm moving inside the tent.

BossHoss

I did a little research and ordered a 3500lb axle with electric AND parking brakes from Dexter Axle. Should be here next week in time for the frame and tub to come back from the painter. Plan to do a build thread and will post the details on the axle order over there.

BossHoss

Things have been moving fast.....

Tore the entire trailer apart. Sand Blasted, Primed and Painted everything. Having access to a Sand Blast Cabinet saved me severl hundred dollars.
Hardware All Prepped for Paint.jpg

-New 3500 Lbs Axle with Electric and Manual Parking Brake.
Frame - Ready for the Tub 6.jpg
-New Leaf Springs
New Springs 1.jpg
-New Wiring
2014-06-17 13.38.55.jpg
-New Jet Connex 7 Wire RV cord which gives me 2-12VDC 30 AMP feeds available at the trailer J-box. (for future use)
Overhaul Complete 2.jpg

All that remains on the overhaul is to finalize the Hand Brake Cable order and install.

Before
As Delivered 1.jpg

After
Overhaul Complete 1.jpg

Up Next? New steel top. Ordered the steel today and will start that build tomorrow.

BossHoss

Spent 14 hours at TechShop today. Got the frame for the new top all welded up. After a little bit of grinding to cover up some of my crappy welds I'll be tackling the skinning of the lid.
New Top Frame.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online