Cargo Area LED Kit W463

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 1, 2014
Products: Cargo Area LED Lighting for the Mercedes-Benz W463 G-Class Geländewagen
Company: G-wagenacessories.com

Cargo Area LED Lighting Kit

G-wagenaccessories.com introduces the updated Cargo Area LED Lighting Kit for the Mercedes-Benz W463 Series Geländewagen (1990 - 2014)
These especially made for G-wagenaccessories.com LED Modules, are vastly improving the cargo area lighting, while
reducing the connected electrical load of the vehicles battery.
Designed with 56 powerful SMD LED’s, the modules fit perfectly into each of the two cargo area lighting fixtures, found
in the W463 series Mercedes-Benz Geländewagen

Single LED Module with soffit type power adapter
• 56 SMD LED’s per module
• Input Voltage: 9 to 32 VDC, non polar
• Power Consumption: 1.5 Watts
• Warm White Light 3200K

• Improvement of the lighting condition in the rear cargo area
• Easy LED Kit installation, plug & play ready
• Low power consumption for extended use
• Expected LED life of 30,000 hrs
• Low heat emission compared to the standard 10 Watts incandescent soffit bulb

18479803nx.jpg

18479804ye.jpg

18479805rb.jpg

Last edited:

McBride

Adventurer
Cool. Is it only for a 1990?

G-wagenaccessories.com introduces the updated Cargo Area LED Lighting Kit for the 1990 Mercedes-Benz W463.

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Cool. Is it only for a 1990?

G-wagenaccessories.com introduces the updated Cargo Area LED Lighting Kit for the 1990 Mercedes-Benz W463.

Sorry guys,

it should read:

G-wagenaccessories.com introduces the updated Cargo Area LED Lighting Kit for the Mercedes-Benz W463 Series Geländewagen (1990 - 2014)

Thanks,

Karl

otiswesty

Regular guy
Fits easily and works great in my 1999 G500. Way more light output han the stock bulbs and with minimal draw. The tone of the light is nice as well.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Awesome Karl! Are you also offering LED upgrades for the other bulbs throughout the vehicle; 1 front dome light, 2 front map/reading lights, 2 rear seat map/reading lights?

Bigplum

Observer
I've used the Very similar led kits off eBay, easy and cheap but they do get quite warm , enough to distort the plastic on a light fitting , I had to put some stand off blocks in between the led and the fitting

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome Karl! Are you also offering LED upgrades for the other bulbs throughout the vehicle; 1 front dome light, 2 front map/reading lights, 2 rear seat map/reading lights?

Thank you Jeremy,

no, not at this time. There is a dimming circuit in the front dome light, and I have not dealt with that.

I have not encountered a heat problem with this LED module, even they are Warm Lights:sombrero:

They are specific made for me, to use in those cargo area lights. Maybe the owners with the newly installed lighting upgrade could opine here.....

digitaldelay

Explorer
There is a dimming circuit in the front dome light, and I have not dealt with that.

I just installed some Philips LED's (festoon type) in my Suzuki and they handle the theatre dimming just fine. Instead of dimming 100%-0%, like a regular incandescent, they dim maybe 100%-50%, then off. I think LED's just turn off at a minimum voltage threshold.

Jason

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thank you Jeremy,

no, not at this time. There is a dimming circuit in the front dome light, and I have not dealt with that.

I have not encountered a heat problem with this LED module, even they are Warm Lights:sombrero:

They are specific made for me, to use in those cargo area lights. Maybe the owners with the newly installed lighting upgrade could opine here.....

Let us know when you get the others sorted too, thx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz