Biggs Family LR 3

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Lol of corse I just got home from Houston and the cheak engin light came on. :D let the LR fun begin!

Last edited:

nick325i

Adventurer
British 4x4 works on them too if your engine light issue comes to that. I'm not affiliated with them I promise but I like to help support small business. I've also heard LR of Austin is pretty good for a dealer.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Ill give British 4x4 a call but SA a bit far for this and I plan to do most of the work myself on this car. I just need to get my Gap tool.

So my ODB reader was in my wives car so I ran up to Auto zone and had them read the codes. one was a throw away. it was a Wrong ignition key fault. I guess the tried to start it with the wrong Land Rover key yesterday. The second code was a P0441 Evap Purge Valve Incorrect Flow Fault. Over to LRR to do a little searching!!!

Nate

epiccosmo

Adventurer
I look forward to seeing your impressions on the switch. I've long been a Jeep guy, and my 2012 JKU with a bunch of AEV gear will be gone next week. The right LR3 is high on the list for us, so I'll definitely be paying attention to you having just made the exact same change. Best of luck!

en480c4 its funny that you too are getting rid of your Jeep and moving to LR. You, TexasTJ and I all were on AEV forums and will no longer have our Jeeps. Good luck finding the right LR3.

I am looking forward to Texas figuring out the best way to install an sPod in the Rover.

en480c4

Observer
Yeah, I was worried about the decision but ultimately I feel pretty good about it. And after lots of looking, it looks like my wife has her heart set on a VW Touareg. She was open to the LR3, but coming from a Passat, she's a little more comfortable sticking with the VW. I'll be looking to add a TJ/LJ or Disco 1 later this summer or fall. Enjoy the LR3s!

unseenone

Explorer
The check engine light is most commonly associated with the throttle body being dirty. You can do it yourself. Also adding some cleaner treatment periodically helps. The one time I paid to have it done, the light came back on enroute to home, so I added sea foam and it went out a couple days later.

Here's a how to video.

B4x4 & I think lucky8 sell the IID tool.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well I talked to the dealer I bought the truck at in Houston and they told me to take it in somewhere and get a quote so into Land Rover Austin it gose Monday.

I'm also replacing the gas cap today.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I am looking forward to Texas figuring out the best way to install an sPod in the Rover.

There is a ton of room right by the vacuum pump so that where I'm going to mount the Source. All i really need to work out is there to mount the switches. I'm thinking on the left side of the radio, but maybe on the dash. I need to work out this P04441 first.

I also get a new gas cap and cleared the code so I hope that will fix it up front. Always has on my wife's Liberty.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Yes it was a bad evap purge valve. Texas Direct Auto payed to have it fixed at Land Rover Austin.
I decided (well my Wife wanted) to let my wife have this truck so I don't mess with it much anymore past maintenance. I'm hoping to find my want into a Series one disco or Classic this summer.

jhawk

Adventurer
Thanks man. I'll bite the bullet and replace the valve.

I hear you on touching the wife's car. If you touch it once everything that breaks after that is some how connected to what you fixed.

Thanks,
Jim

bentonrover

Observer
I got that code last year. Started using premium gas and haven't seen it in about 6 months. Didn't even have to clear it. Went off and never came back

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I only took it to the dealer because we had just gotten the truck and the light came on while driving home from Houston. Our Purge was sticking.

jhawk

Adventurer
I only took it to the dealer because we had just gotten the truck and the light came on while driving home from Houston. Our Purge was sticking.

For those searching in the future:

My issue started with a rough idle when cold which has gotten progressively worse over a few months. Ran fine when warmed up and in closed loop. Then the code started popping up. I disconnected the purge valve hose from the intake and capped off the nipple. The truck idles like it should with the purge disconnected, and drives perfect. The code still appears obviously.

Has anyone else out there found a replacement valve from another vehicle that will work? I know the D2 guys use a Hyundai vale. If I don't have to drop $400 on a $60 part that would be great.

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles