Sari Bari...blankets, throws, bed covers, bags and baby gear

KiwiKurt

Explorer
This company is not a specific "overlanding" marketer....but they make some things that we all use on picnics and camping trips...blankets. I'm not affiliated in any way with this company- it just supports a cause very important to me, makes a great product, and makes great conversation and travel goods.

What they DO offer that other sellers do not, is a chance to support something beyond profits that really, really matters and something that is very near and dear to my wife's and I's heart. Victims of sexual slavery.

Every 2 minutes a child is sold into sexual slavery. There are an estimated 27+ million slaves world wide in an over $30 BILLION industry. Roughly 80% of traffic'd slaves are women from cultures where women have no rights or voice of their own.

My wife got involved when she lived in India, I got involved with another organization driven to free oppressed people, and this is a chance for us to take action right from our computers. Often times economics is what drives these women into slavery, and with Sari Bari, you can help provide income to women who have been freed...that they use to keep their house and production running and free others. We all use blankets and things like this, and we all like quality hand made products from great materials and fabrics...these items look and feel great. They are made mostly from Sari's being recycled, so the materials are generally cotton, silk, and chiffon.

So I'm hoping you'll take a look around the site, and hopefully order something you like...and hopefully tell people about it and show it off at every meet/trip you can.

Cheers!

http://saribari.com/

Edit. Meant for this to be in clothing....

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Typically, we don't permit commercial enterprises to advertise on ExPo without becoming sponsors. We make exceptions sometimes. This is a cause worthy of our attention.

KiwiKurt

Explorer
I sent this to haven to get cleared and appreciate the exception in this case.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier