I almost gave up.....

djmase

Adventurer
She's a beaut. Just picked up an 86 Sun-Lite Hawk for my 01 Tacoma...so far it seems like a pretty decent pair.
Enjoy it out there!

djmase

Adventurer
Well, I got some butyl tape and am getting ready to use it. We went camping this weekend and enjoyed the camper for one night just to try it out. I still haven't gotten the fridge to successfully light as the pilot keeps going out, but I am assuming from the reading I have done that the burner just needs to be cleaned. I don't think that the thermocouple is bad because I lit it earlier and it stayed lit for a couple hours. But now, no joy. I am also still trying to figure out the electrical. I have a three wires hanging off the front corner of the camper that have been cut, and haven't really hunted down the ends of the clearance light wiring. Right now, I am just a little freaked out about this thing being in my gravel driveway just on the jacks. So I went and got some collapsible steel saw horses to rest it on. I will leave the jacks down for stability but I am hoping this will bet me by for a little while until I figure something better out.

I had the opposite problem on my Sun-Lite. Fridge would light but not get cold. I ended up pulling it out, dumping the coils and now use it as an icebox. If you let it breath a bit, you can run dry ice. My build page has photos. I let mine breath by installing batt insulation in the hole that the former condenser line ran through from the outside to the inside of the fridge. Shaved off 20-30 pounds and gained storage in the exterior access panel of the fridge.

gingerK

Shooting Jack, check your heater for mud dauber nests. In my first tc, my dh found tons of them, hard as concrete and had to hammer away at them to get them out and finally got my heater working. My Shadow Cruiser came with a non-working fridge; I opted to replace it with a new one from ebay. I think the old one could have been saved by replacing the cooling unit, but the new fridge I actually got for cheaper than the cost of a new cooling unit. But it was a real b****h to install. You have to remove (very carefully!!!) the outside flange before it will fit thru the doorway.

Potterjon, looks like someone welded metal pads on the bottom of your jack legs. Mine have tripod like feet that slip into the jack tubes and come out when I raise the jacks. I suggest either cut them off and see if you can replace with something else or else replace the jacks altogether.

Last edited:

potterjon

Observer
Potterjon, I have a identical Shadow Cruiser and need some help if possible. I did not get the 4 pin plug and cable with my camper and need to wire it up. Can you tell me what the proper wiring it for it. Also, did you get your heater and refrigerator working? I can't get mine to work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Mine goes like this
Camper side plug
white is ground
green is running lights
black is power to every thing else

truck side plug
white goes to negative on batter
green goes to parking light fuse on truck side, not bettery side of the fuse.
black is constant power to positive battery side.
I also installed a switch for power to the camper so that I don't have to unplug it to keep from killing my battery every time I stop and get out or do something. Trust me, I am the one that will forget. But with the switch lit up it in the dash it's hard to forget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior