Your top 5 or so luxury items you bring

grogie

Like to Camp
Must have more info on pan fried pepperoni pizzas!

Please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly!

1) Wife makes the dough with King Arthur's White Whole Wheat flour with fresh herbs. She makes two balls that she freezes. By the time we reach a camping spot, they've thawed, so she flattens them out by hand (like a small pizza size). She also makes her own tomato sauce.
2) Heat a round cast-iron pan on low with three+ tablespoons of butter.
3) Place in dough, cook one side until golden brown, then flip it over like pancake.
4) Top it with the homemade sauce, shredded mozzarella and we buy awesome pepperoni sticks (from a local wine store) that I cut in thick pieces.
5) Cover the pan with a lid until cheese melts. Again, keep the heat down low to cook the top of the pizza ingredients without burning the bottom of the pizza.

Pizzas cooked in cast-iron with butter is awesome. The white whole wheat gives a nice earthy crust for being out in the woods. Enjoy... :)

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I got out of the tents and into a 4x4 van with heat, swamp cooler and fridge.
Medical grade sleep surface. Think memory foam times 10.
Rokon 2 wheel drive motorcycle on a receiver carrier. Only a cliff will stop one. I'm not sure why y'all don't use them.
Personal locating beacon for peace of mind. I consider it mandatory but a luxury for most.
I pad with 3G in a mil spec rubber case.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Certainly!

1) Wife makes the dough with King Arthur's White Whole Wheat flour with fresh herbs. She makes two balls that she freezes. By the time we reach a camping spot, they've thawed, so she flattens them out by hand (like a small pizza size). She also makes her own tomato sauce.
2) Heat a round cast-iron pan on low with three+ tablespoons of butter.
3) Place in dough, cook one side until golden brown, then flip it over like pancake.
4) Top it with the homemade sauce, shredded mozzarella and we buy awesome pepperoni sticks (from a local wine store) that I cut in thick pieces.
5) Cover the pan with a lid until cheese melts. Again, keep the heat down low to cook the top of the pizza ingredients without burning the bottom of the pizza.

Pizzas cooked in cast-iron with butter is awesome. The white whole wheat gives a nice earthy crust for being out in the woods. Enjoy... :)
Develop a relationship with a good cardiologist early.
Just talking from experience...

AML

Adventurer
1. Porta potty and pop up shower tent
2. Chuckbox
3. Coffee grinder and percolator
4. Fridge
5. Bunk bed cots
6. External battery to run the fridge.
7. Actually I could probably keep going... This definitely isn't backpack camping :)
My daughter hugged me after getting the porta potty. Never thought I would get one but after getting it I couldn't imagine going without it.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I have changed one thing since my first post no more cots and using hammocks now full time and loving it :)

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
For me, it depends if I'm just overnighting or setting up a camp.

Overnighting, I sleep in my Bronco.
1. Flatscreen TV w/ DVD player (technically, its part of the bronco, but I count it as a luxury addition I made.)
2. Coleman cooler. Something to keep drinks and snacks cold. I use frozen bottles of water to keep it cold.
3. Pillow w/ military sleep system. aka, sleeping bag.
4. MREs. Don't laugh. For quick, overnight camping, they work great.
5. Smart phone with Surface 2 tablet. I can do a hotspot with the phone and surf the net while I'm sitting at a rest stop for the night.

Base camping,
1. Turbo tent 5. For a single guy, its a luxury.
2. collapsible cot from Wal-Mart with a pillow. Not a fan of sleeping on the ground.
3. Tablet for reading.
4. Bigger cooler for food and drinks.
5. TP. I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it...

mm58

Observer
I guess it depends on your definition of luxury. I consider the following essential but guess many (not on this site) would beg to differ

1) refrigerator
2) CFAIC
3) nemo cosmo pillowtop mattress
4) nemo cosmo pillowtop pillow :)
5) bagels and lox :D

What is "CFAIC"? I'm not familiar with that one...

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
I have simple needs:

1) Folding potty
2) Folding table and chair
3) Book/e-book reader
4) Peet's Mocha Java
5) Laphroaig

Expedition Leader
I frequently don't have room for all of these at once; nevertheless, my list is:

1. ARB fridge
2. Full-size pillow from home
3. HF ham radio with antenna, analyzer, table, log book, etc.
4. All the fixings to make Navajo fry bread
5. Full-size musical instrument (uilleann pipes, guitar, or banjo)

I admit that #5 is rarely practical at all for me, but it is really enjoyable when I can swing it.

Last edited:

kpredator

Adventurer
1. my optics,binos,spotting scope

2. current books I am reading

3. comforter if cold

4. fishing equipment

5. ruger mark III

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Currently, I get to do more camping solo than with the family but as they kids are getting older (5,3,1.5) we are getting out more. So mine looks like:

1. My wife.
2. My kids.
3. Queen air mattress with real bedding (see post #1)
4. My mini Weber Grill.
5. Plinking guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94