Tire and Tire shop advice

scarecrow3187

Okay so my knowledge on tires is very little.
I purchased a new set of 33x10.50R-15 BFG and had them put on. I then go to order a new spare and turns out they put on 31x10.50R-15 on the four without saying anything to me when picking up my vehicle. I also now have a spare that is 33x10.50R-15. I guess my question is should I be upset that the people didn't say anything about not putting on what I ordered? Are the 33's that much of a difference than the 31's?

TheDave

Yes, you didn't get what you ordered. It doesn't matter if is a tire shop or a McDonalds. First check your receipt, do the tires match what you paid for? If the receipt doesn't match that is a serious problem, fraud. They should fix it with no question. If the receipt matches, I would still go back and make them fix it. Also you should get into the habit of making sure you are getting what you are paying for, from fast food to tires. When it comes to a vehicle you should also check their work to the extent that you can.

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Agreed. I'd definitely make them fix the mistake. Just make sure you DID in fact order the other tire size... and if you did, then go after them.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Okay so my knowledge on tires is very little.
I purchased a new set of 33x10.50R-15 BFG and had them put on. I then go to order a new spare and turns out they put on 31x10.50R-15 on the four without saying anything to me when picking up my vehicle. I also now have a spare that is 33x10.50R-15. I guess my question is should I be upset that the people didn't say anything about not putting on what I ordered? Are the 33's that much of a difference than the 31's?

Are you really so passive that you have to ask if it's okay to be upset that you got screwed, I would have ripped them a new one and reported it to the proper authorities. And how did you not notice that they had put on the smaller tires until after you paid for their services and ordered the spare, did you not inspect their work BEFORE paying for it?

fike

Adventurer
Crazy and ridiculous. If they don't immediately and fix the problem and give you something free in addition, yelling is warranted.

scarecrow3187

Like I said jeep-N-montero my knowledge is very little. That same day I was also relocating to a new town so I was kinda occupied with that.
So I called them the other day to ask what was the last things I ordered, the. Man said 33's. So today I call customer service they say they can't help me. Tell me to deal with he shop. I call them back and they tell me now the last things I ordered were the 31's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Like I said jeep-N-montero my knowledge is very little. That same day I was also relocating to a new town so I was kinda occupied with that.
So I called them the other day to ask what was the last things I ordered, the. Man said 33's. So today I call customer service they say they can't help me. Tell me to deal with he shop. I call them back and they tell me now the last things I ordered were the 31's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what does the receipt/purchase order/invoice say you ordered??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94