Banana scale for E350 heater core, headliner, cam position sensor?

philos

Explorer
So I haven't ordered my FSM manuals yet (please don't murder me, I'll buy them!) and I have a couple more items to tackle before I can work on fun stuff.
My heater core is leaking, and I was able to bypass it when I was changing the radiator but I didn't really take a look at everything, nor have I looked from the inside (supreme laziness I guess in this case).
So how many bananas to get that leaky bad boy out?
She's also throwing a code. had the shop around the corner read it, and they said cam position sensor. I'll likely wait until I get the FSM to tackle that one, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone's done it before.
Same story on the headliner, any tips?

vehicle is 2003 E350 7.3l powastroke.
thanks in advance :)

shane.

r_w

Adventurer
Headliner is not hard, but is complicated. Lots of pieces have to come out first. Be careful as the side panels can be brittle.

philos

Explorer
Headliner is out without much hassle at all :) didn't break a single clip!
Still waiting on the sensor, but the youtube vids are plenty clear. I'll handle that when it arrives.
I'll be spraying a DIY urethane on the inside of the roof probably this afternoon now that it's all cleaned up. I need to take lots of breaks these days...

looks like the heater core won't be much hassle; read where a few guys have cut the tube ends off the leaky unit with a sawzall, so they don't have to deal with the funky dealer tool... the tool is cheap enough online I'll try it first.

thanks for the replies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94