Skiers Lodge - Build Thread

java

Expedition Leader
All labeled up and good to go. Cause I asume if I ever need them, it will be far out in the outback with no cell coverage so googling won't do me any good. Thinking of also printing a version of all fault codes for the exact same reasons. I can pull the codes to my phone even if I'm offline, but that doesn't help if You don't know what they stand for.
03959bc1177b0d8d70adf90faf3a4eb4.jpg

Skickat från min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk
That's slick! Good idea on the fault codes too. Maybe some basic wiring diagrams for those items as well?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swedeski

Adventurer
Realised that my brake-lights doesn't work, and reverse doesn't work in the lamp assembly. The external (on top of camper and two under the bumper) reverse lights do work though. Starting off by cleaning terminal, checking fuses and bulbs. No luck there. After a couple of turns with the multimeter I realised that my harness has gone bad. Started tearing in to that and found all kind of POS splices and a mayham of switching colors. The good thing is that the brake light switch is good (it's really crammed up under the dash) and the connector by the frame (located by the spare tire) is in good condition (and I got pos. light, reverse, blinker and stop down there). So I have started to produce a new harness which will have a water tight connector to passenger side, drivers side, hitch and ground instead of all the splices. Done right it will hopefully outlive the truck and/or me.
61d754867d589249bcb476ed5bf7877a.jpg
bfc7a493ca4c71be5e289427df73a36c.jpg
f2383af3d4ab75cbd16f498526f29839.jpg
26998d0313704fac5939b9f862b4a987.jpg
68cfde9acf7e46fdbd54536a51223929.jpg

b dkw1

Observer
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People should be shot for using Vampire taps/Scotch locks. The trailer industry loves them and they are the main reason trailer lights never work.

Nosferatu49534

Observer
Not sure if you have finished or not but I have a 92' I'm stripping. I can pull the harness out and send them to you. Not sure what shipping would be. I'm in the U.S.

Swedeski

Adventurer
Not sure if you have finished or not but I have a 92' I'm stripping. I can pull the harness out and send them to you. Not sure what shipping would be. I'm in the U.S.
Thanks for the offer. Been swamped with work so not done with my home made harness. But since I've started I think I will finish it. Going to the US in December, so if I change my mind and You have not sold it I'll get back.

Nosferatu49534

Observer
Thanks for the offer. Been swamped with work so not done with my home made harness. But since I've started I think I will finish it. Going to the US in December, so if I change my mind and You have not sold it I'll get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles