Skiers Lodge - Build Thread

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Swedeski,

Looking great. You have superb skills.

There is just something great about Scandinavian craftsmanship.

Best of success!

Swedeski

Adventurer
Swedeski,

Looking great. You have superb skills.

There is just something great about Scandinavian craftsmanship.

Best of success!

Thanx a bunch! We´ll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Picking up parts for the job, that has to count as some progress right?
1404332329626.jpg

Picked up a lock for the backdoor today. At least something.

Swedeski

Adventurer
No camper progress

But have worked a little on the truck. Went by the safety- and emmission control inspection last week. Of´course the abs light just turned on, but breezed through otherwise. Got home and resistance measured the abs -speed sensors on the front wheels. Seems like the left hand side has gone bad. Ordered a new one that I´ll hopefully will get this week.

Got some done today after work.
20140707_150337.jpg

Not much a fan of rusty chrome.

Primed with "Acid Etching Primer" (I think that´s the correct translation).
20140707_160633.jpg

And done!¨
20140707_191340.jpg

Also hooked up the second battery.

20140707_181744.jpg

Separator relay.

And the aux battery.
20140707_185801.jpg

The battery light went on after hooking up the second battery. Pulled the realy and it went off again. Both batteries seems to charge just fine and they are at 14.2 volts both when running the altenator. I asume the truck just needs to go for a little longer battery chargin runt to make up for the doubled batterybank. Relay works as well, and disconnects the battries when the ignition is off.

libarata

Expedition Leader
1. I miss XC skiing
2. great start to a rig, osh stora snygga hus!
3. Sweden seriously has laws on what tires you are allowed to use for certain seasons?
4. Do you have any RV dealers near you? Usually they can get RV siding for you, if you have not figured out a siding material.

Swedeski

Adventurer
1. I miss XC skiing
2. great start to a rig, osh stora snygga hus!
3. Sweden seriously has laws on what tires you are allowed to use for certain seasons?
4. Do you have any RV dealers near you? Usually they can get RV siding for you, if you have not figured out a siding material.

1. Every type of skiing is great fun!
2. Tack så mycket! :elkgrin:
3. Yes we do, You could easily drive 6 month´s a year on wintercondition roads here in Sweden (ice and snow covered roads). So the "gouverment" has decided that we don´t trust the manufacturers idea of what a winter tire is. So to be an approved tire it has to meet certain criteria. I´m for one has always driven studded tires during winter (from fall til spring). To see if a tire is winterapproved in Sweden it has to have "the snowflake" on them.
4. I do have and RV dealer close by. Went and had a talk with them to see if I could score some aluminum siding. But they only sold in bigger bulk, so it would have been pretty expensive. Found some at a local steelshop. It was 0.8 mm thick instead of the 0.6 mm from the rv shop. But it´s already electroplated and painted. I´v got the siding glued on to two walls. But no further progress on the camper right now.

Changed the abs sensor and swung by the safety- and emission inspection center. I´m all clear now and the next inspection isn´t due til the fall of 2015. :victory:

libarata

Expedition Leader
Hah, glad to see what teeny bit of Swedish I picked up was not too wrong and offensive haha.

Good score on electro plated siding though. Usually I just see it painted. Two walls done, is better than none!

I can only assume that your winter weather in Scandinavia is far worse that what I had ever seen in Wisconsin. My dad swore by winter tires, but we did not have mountains to contend with!

cyclic

Adventurer
On those trucks, if you want to increase your brakes easily, you can do what's called a OBS to NBS master cylinder upgrade. Info easily found online. Basically you take a master cylinder from a 99-02 Silverado and a brake adaptor fitting and it bolts right up.

A quick read................. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=586972

Did it on my Tahoe, very happy with it. Got the master cylinder from Rockauto.com for 60-70 dollars. The adaptor was way under $10.

Swedeski

Adventurer
On those trucks, if you want to increase your brakes easily, you can do what's called a OBS to NBS master cylinder upgrade. Info easily found online. Basically you take a master cylinder from a 99-02 Silverado and a brake adaptor fitting and it bolts right up.

A quick read................. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=586972

Did it on my Tahoe, very happy with it. Got the master cylinder from Rockauto.com for 60-70 dollars. The adaptor was way under $10.

Thax for the tip. I´ll look into that since it´s quite a load you´re hauling around.

No progress at all with the camper. Have had 4 weeks of vacation and relied on the old setup.

20140718_183248.jpg

We have gone biking, climbing and fishing. And put some time into the housebuild.

20140718_215924.jpg

Still camping on the ground, but hopefully the camper will be ready for the winter.

Swedeski

Adventurer
Haha, no it´s not IKEA but it´s just scrapwood from the house/shedbuild.

Did get some stuff delivered for the truck with people coming over from the states.

It really needed a new "lung".
1407874828578.jpg

Swedeski

Adventurer
After no progress during my vacation and spending a couple of weeks on my back after surgery (a planned one so no biggie) I´m finally getting back in the game.
Started out real easy with changing sparkplugs. Next weekend I´ll hopefully get in a day of camperwork.

20140905_173622.jpg

The old ones were not great but not superbad either.

Swedeski

Adventurer
Finally got some stuff done this sunday. First off I put in a new rotor and distributor cap. And after that I made some progress on the camper.

1410779466768.jpg

Got the aluminumsheet trimmed to size and the windowhole cut out.

Did get the seal glued and stapled in place and the window mounted too.
1410717224690.jpg

Nice to be back in the camperbuilding game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles