Skiers Lodge - Build Thread

Swedeski

Adventurer
That is a really awesome and well thought out build!! nicely done!!
Thank you!
I'm far from done but right now I'm taking it a bit easy. Been working on the house and skiing. I have some stuff on the "to-do" list which I figured out on the trip. I'll get back to that in awhile.

Swedeski

Adventurer
Haven't done anything to the truck or camper the last couple of weeks. Except from using it!
a5ac77c251ee0e326a2e0591cd74a2a3.jpg

Hanging out by our favourite lake xc-skiing and fishing.

Got around today and changed the window-washerfluid pump which stopped working some time ago.
83adcd65473c9a9380966ab4490bdb39.jpg

Getting access to the pump was kind of a hassle. Seemed easy but I was messing around quite a bit before getting the tank out.

Soon heading out on week long trip.

Last edited:

Swedeski

Adventurer
Heading off for a weeklong trip.
f025a18775fb0620f299405d343087fa.jpg

Added a cargonet in the ceiling for storage that I got for free. Also found a insulated "blanket" that is supposed to go on the windshield on rv's. I payed 2 bucks for it and it will serve as a curtain over the camper window. When not in use it rolls up an is strapped with cords.

Swedeski

Adventurer
Back home

Back home after a weeklong trip in the camper. The truck ran great and the camper worked well. I´m glad I insulated it well and we slept with no additional heat even if it was below freezing at nights.

So first (for me) the fun stuff:
David.JPG

Me and two buddies spent the week ascending mountains and skiing/riding them down. At the lower section of the mountains You use skins on your skis/splitboard getting up but often the further up You get You have to resort to walking/scrambling/climbing up due to the steepness.

Then added to that You get some nice views.
david2.JPG

And If it´s nice weather You hang about a little bit on the summit.
Petter.JPG

And then get the pleasure of riding down.
Nisse2.JPG

But since this is a vehiclebased forum, let get to the fun part.
We arrived at a hotel which is based at the foot of the mountains in Hurrungane in Norway on saturday on the easterholidays. Turns out that they shut down that day for ten days. I´ve been camping/tenting outside this hotel before (alot of people do) and You can usually pay a small fee and then You can use a dryingroom and the showers. But since they closed for awhile we got to use a poweroutlet and be able to use an gridoperated fan/heater to dry clothes/gear. So it worked out nice.
Camper3.JPG

When it´s windy and dry, it´s easy to dry stuff outside too.

We slept two in the camper and the third guy slept in his regular stationwagon. All of us could hang out in the camper during bad weather spells.
camper4.JPG

And at night when You got a little bored and maybe a little tipsy from a couple of beers... we played around with the camera.
camper2.JPG

camper.JPG

I had a great time and the camper served it´s purpose perfectly. We where actually heading off to a different part of the country, but it rained there the entire time. So having the freedom with the campersetup was awesome.

thegiantbender

Dude thats epic! thanks a bunch for logging your build, I'm still thinking I might want to give this style of build a go so to see your ideas helps me a ton. God those mountain shots are ridiculous as well. Looks like it turned out perfect, enjoy!

Swedeski

Adventurer
Dude thats epic! thanks a bunch for logging your build, I'm still thinking I might want to give this style of build a go so to see your ideas helps me a ton. God those mountain shots are ridiculous as well. Looks like it turned out perfect, enjoy!
Thanx! I did spend alot of time looking at other members projects before starting mine. There is alot of good info in here and some very skilled people.

Pulled out the subfloor yesterday to see if I had some leaks during the winter. I have also had a rubbermat between the truckbed and the floor. Everything was all good but painted the bottom side which I hadn't done before in the quite hurried asembly in december.
c36440367e03d2099a81d18dedea2e12.jpg

Also pulled the studded tires despite there are some skitrips left before "winter"is over for me. But the roads are dry and there is no need for studs anymore.
a73a1b40edc23beff89b143cf7ba7f5b.jpg

Swedeski

Adventurer
This really came out great. And those mountain shots from Norway are superb!
Thank you.
There is alot of room for improvements but I' satisfied with the setup. I'm planning on changing the interior but I'll have to figure out how I want it first.
Right now it works well.

Swedeski

Adventurer
This is what we got for taking off the wintertires.
DSC_0076.JPG

It´s not that common for heavy snowfall in May, but apparently it happens sometimes.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
And thats why I still havnt taken the winter treads yet...

We have seen snow as late as JUNE here in north idaho :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94