A very nice built FWC on Ford super duty.

slooowr6

Explorer
Hi All,
Here is a FWC I saw in Yellowstone. It's very nicely built and seems to be used to it's potential. It's used the space on the side of the truck bed very nicely with the utility bed. It was park at the side of a wireless carrier building. Probable it's used for work related things. Couple people sent me PM ask for more pics so I guess some of you might be interested as well. :p
173756052_F7RQU-M.jpg

264188593_VjJEz-M.jpg

264188712_oQNqZ-M.jpg

264188832_FH86L-M.jpg

264189647_uLk8r-M.jpg

264188955_MFTAC-M.jpg

264188362_CvMJ5-M.jpg

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Thanks for posting those Alex. You see some of the craziest things in Mammoth. :Wow1:

I'm assuming that's a Hawk model due to the width and short bed? Whatever it is, someone has put some time and funds in that project. I wonder of it's strictly for recreation or if the owner does some type of remote work in the field overnight. Did it have South Dakota tags?

Cool rig. Looks like a fun way to roll.

slooowr6

Explorer
I believe the truck is used in work related activity. The building on the side of the truck belongs to a wireless carrier. The truck has a California plate. The utility bed really takes full use of the space where the side of the truck bed used to be.

Bella PSD

Explorer
Not sure what to say!! WOW!! I really like it. Hard to tell if its a diesel, nothing in the photos to give it away, diesel or gas?? Thanks for posting!

Louie

slooowr6

Explorer
I honestly don't know if it's a diesel or not.
It give me the idea of a custom aluminum utility bed for the Taco, if $ grows on the tree. :p

mcgovski

Adventurer
that might work...

That set up might just work for my set up...where do you find utility beds? I was planing on a flatbed with boxes, but that looks a lot cleaner and good to go! I wonder if they come in longbed? I wonder how heavy they are?

erod

Adventurer
that is one sweet rig, thanks for posting. really like the hi-lift/jerry can mount. seems a little odd that a work truck would have some of those bells and whistles (i.e. rims, tires, etc., maybe) there has been a lot of talk about utility beds and 4wc camper combos and it seems like the consensus is its super expensive, like outrageous for most people, due to how custom the beds and campers are...really cool though, tons of storage and great functionality. thanks again for posting!

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Ever since seeing KC's FWC on his T100 my wife and I have weighed getting one. I've told myself that if I go with a FWC, I'm going to ditch my bed altogether and build custom side cabinets like this Ford has.

This rig is absolutely sweet! I'd love to do this to my T100... need some $$$.

WJinTRSC

Adventurer
I like it! That's definitely a sweet way to go. Unfortunately, around here, those are just way too big for most of the trails, but it'd be a sweet way to take the family camping, ANYWHERE!!

slooowr6

Explorer
mcgovski said:
That set up might just work for my set up...where do you find utility beds? I was planing on a flatbed with boxes, but that looks a lot cleaner and good to go! I wonder if they come in longbed? I wonder how heavy they are?

Depends what truck you have, if it's a super duty from the big three most likely there is ready made utility bed you can buy and bolt on. Most utility bed I found are make of steel so they are heavy you need to call the manufacture to know the exact weight. There are aluminum utility bed out there but it'll cost more. :)

theMec

Adventurer
That's an interesting rig. Sort of reminds me of the XP camper. There appears to be latches near the top. Popup? Have to loose the aluminum skirt near the rear tires though. That'd get ripped off in no time. I'll send them a mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier