Tour Divide

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
Is anyone else following the biggest, longest overland mountain bike race in North America (maybe the world), the Tour Divide? Race starts in Banff, AB, Canada tomorrow, and in about 3 weeks, the first rider will make it to the Mexican border at Antelope Wells, NM. I am rooting for Scott Piquet, riding for Team Volcanic. His bike is almost identical to mine, at least it was until he started modifying it for the Tour. Follow the fun at http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide14

TourDivideVx92.jpg

There are Facebook pages and an MTBcast podcast page also.

I was impressed with his bike cockpit. Our fellow overlanders might think they have all the fun modifying their vehicles, but...

TourDivideVx923.jpg

If only I was 20 years younger.

Ride safe,
Hans

Last edited:

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
I was impressed with his bike cockpit. Our fellow overlanders might think they have all the fun modifying their vehicles, but...

View attachment 230863

If only I was 20 years younger.

Ride safe,
Hans

Eric from Volcanic Bikes told me that Scott is running a dynamo hub, he thought Shimano but would ask when he heard from Scott again. Sunday AM he was west of Gunnison, CO. Anybody have experience with Shimano or Schmidt dynamos? Thinking of getting one on my MTB (Volcanic, of course) over the winter.

Ride safe,
Hans

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
elkgrin.gif
(Banff) Our Team Volcanic rider, Scott Piquet, finished the Tour Divide this evening at 9:21 PM (MDT). 31 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes.
sombrero.gif
(Mexican border at Antelope Wells)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier