Quadratec winch

Ndatt10

Hey guys this is my first post on here, I'm addicted to this site you guys rock!!!, anyway my question is does anyone have any experience with a Quadratec winch? I have 13 jku and am in the market to purchase a winch. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

dusmw

Just ordered the Q9500i should arrive next week. Lifetime wty on mechanicals for $360 how can I go wrong? Have a Warn in the garage I can't get parts for! Have bought a lot of items from QT and they have been good to deal with. If you do decide to buy one go through Jeepforum.com and PM Rick to order. Trust me it will be worth the extra steps to order it in this manner! Best of luck in your search.

dusmw

Winch installed along with aux lights

Will get some photos posted this week. Winch went on easily and operated as expected during the initial cable stretch and load. All bolts were tight and it appears well constructed. Packaging was first class and the instructions were simple to grasp.

Now I need to get out go play in the mud!

Xbcasey

Adventurer
I've had a Q9000 for about three years now that see's regular use and have never had an issue with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
I mounted a Q9000s on my '14 JKU and have had no issues with it. I did quite a bit of research prior to the purchase and found it to be the best option for the money.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
I mounted a Q9000s on my '14 JKU and have had no issues with it. I did quite a bit of research prior to the purchase and found it to be the best option for the money.

Jerry - have you had the chance to use the winch in a real world pull yet? I am on the cusp of a new winch search... thanks.

John

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
Hey John! Nothing heroic but since I sold the tractor this past summer in preparation for our move to AK in a few weeks, I've used the Jeep and winch for chores around the homestead here in the Ozarks. Pulled logs up the hill to buck for firewood, stretch fence, and other "farm" work. Thankfully I've only had to use it once for vehicle recovery. I did get pretty stuck on the Kings River while checking traps one day. Our geology here is predominantly limestone, so lots of chert and dolostone that line our riverbanks- several feet worth of loose gravelesque stones. Easy to sink into and then get stuck in the muck underneath where the water lies near the surface. Used the winch and a deadman made from a large sycamore tree trunk to pull out. Took a couple hours to set it all up, but popped right out when the winch went into action. For $500 I don't think you could go wrong. Just wish it wasn't ChiCom made.

FWIW- We had Warns on our fire rigs when I ran a Wildland IA crew in SE Utah early 2000's. Can't remember the model number, but they burned up all the time. Wasn't impressed at all as they left us stranded several times.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Thanks Jerry. Good luck on your upcoming move! I have run a warn HS9500, a mile marker and a superwinch. All three bought used, all three performed well, although the superwinch is on it's last legs, hence the search for a new winch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles