Water Storage Pics and Ideas ???

superbuickguy

Explorer
aev_jeep_wrangler_rear_bumper_black_water_cap.jpg

then you can have bumper water. What they are is two 4.8 gallon storage tanks that fit in a AEV bumper. Secret is, you don't have to have an AEV bumper to make these work... or, and I will post pictures eventually, you can do my plan which is seal the outside bumpers on our JK and put a faucet and a drain on them.

stioc

Expedition Leader
I too have struggled with coming up with the best way to carry water in the truck. The best solution I have found is the Front Runner's footwell tank, however, since my kid is big enough to need the seat-to-footwell height I have not actually purchased one. My second best solution has been to use the Scepter 5gal container and lay it down flat on the other footwell (low center of gravity and unused space) in the rear passenger area. I have yet to come up with a good way of securing it in case of an accident, rollover etc but that's on my to-do list. Between that, a 100oz Camelback hanging from the headrest, two 32oz Nalegene's and a gallon of Arrowhead jug in the back (7.5gals water total plus Gatorades etc in the fridge) we've had enough water for 3+1 dog for 3 days comfortably.

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Explorer
H20.jpg

I like my water in several containers since they are easy to handle and if one leaks, gets punctured or cracks etc you still have some water.

stioc

Expedition Leader
I mentioned this as a possible solution (for carrying 5gals of water lower and centered) in the previous pages and I finally got around to installing a hook in the floor which secures the water container:

FE53AC4A-488F-4126-8D05-E3566ADE445F_zpssjt0nrpw.jpg

While this strap works fine and is rated for 100lbs load (300lbs breaking strength) I'm looking for a better strap that that won't slip or give in case of a rollover or an accident.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I use WaterBricks; easy to stack/store water containers that hold 3.5 gallons each. Been using them for close to 2 years now for home/vehicle water storage and love'em!

http://www.waterbrick.org/

That looks great! Beyond the simple water storage that smaller 9"x9"x6" 3.5gal WaterBrick could allowed to freeze (with the cap off) and then used as a replacement for block ice in a larger cooler.

Liking the tan option, too.

17_Tan_Half_Edit.jpg

4x4BNB

Adventurer
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here's my under sink system..I can store 4 five gallon, portable, containers for a total of...20 gal. I can pump it to the sink or to a shower at the rear of the van. It is pumped through a 3m .2 micron filter when it comes out of the tap. The shower is unfiltered. I like the idea of being able to remove the five gallon jugs and filling them up :)
The shower is connected to an Eco temp L5 (?) instant hot water heater with mixer. It runs on propane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94