Bogert group buy discount

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I posted this in the Safe-Jack thread but thought I'd make a general announcement. Richard Bogert has extended the discount he offered at the Overland Expo through June 30. The code is K7E and is good for a 15 percent discount on Bogert's bottle jack system, the Safe Jack for Hi-Lifts, and other useful tools.

The link to products is here. Check out their new wheel chocks; I have a set to test; they're excellent and take up almost no room in the corner of a cargo box.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
W00t!

Thanks Jonathan. If you talk to Mr. Bogert again, tell him the discount was enough of a spur that I added the new jackstand adapter to everything else I'd planned to order. I think that might be one of the best add-ons yet.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
You know, the more I look at the design of the jackstand base, the more I start to scheme more uses for it. Does anybody else think that with a couple cross-drilled holes and some (milled?) inserts, this base could also be a bolt-on large-footprint replacement for the base of a Hi-Lift?

8__x_10__Compact_538df1646027b.jpg

I'll measure when get it in-hand, but my estimates of the size of that tube make me think it's big enough to accept the I-beam of a jack. You'd probably need an insert to fill the voids in the "I", but with a big bolt through everything, I think it'd work...

ideas.... ideas...

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Hmm . . . good idea, although I'm not sure of the fit. I'll check mine.

In the meantime, I just wrote a review of the Bogert wheel chocks here.

Last edited:

FirerescuePW

$79 for 4 bent pieces of metal and some dog lead?

Over $1,200 for a jack?

This guy sees you people coming...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Did you check the rating on the jack? And where it's made? It's not some disposable Harbor Freight item.

You're of course free to make your own bent pieces of metal. I bend metal, and weld it too, and I know it wouldn't be worth $80 of my time trying to replicate these.

Besides, they're 15 percent off right now. :)

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Fortunately, the OEM GM chocks are some of the best (non folding) I've seen. Wide and very thick, with gripping toes cut in. I've never hesitated to use them even on my very oversized ties. They lack a provision to chain them together, but now that I've seen the Bogert units, I'll be drilling a few holes soon...

mDpahwwVGtAyL8PErgE3uwg.jpg

The stock location makes them relatively easy to access and I've been careful to build my storage system so that the jack cubby is still easy to reach. The only problem used to be that they were held down with the same hook bolt and wing nut as the stock scissor jack, which required complete removal just to pull the chocks. Replacing that with a bottle jack made them EASIER to get to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Just got my safe jack bottle jack kit (w/o bottle jack already had one), universal bottle jack base plate, and "big foot" base plate. Everything looks great and already stored in the Jeep.

:wings:

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Thanks for putting together the group buy code!
My brother-in-law is now the proud owner of a safe jack bottle jack kit (minus the bottle jack- he has one that's made in the usa).
What a great product! Excellent craftsmanship!

ExpedH3T

Explorer
Bought one when you did the first review Jonathan. Heeded the warnings of the hi-lift becoming a bad day......great addition to my no-winch recovery kit

Robert Bills

Explorer
Being the procrastinator I am, I waited until the last day the Overland Expo coupon code was valid to order my Bogert Safe Jack jack stand kit ((P/N:17M-JS810-Kit), which includes all of the extensions of the bottle jack recovery kit plus the 8x10 jack stand base. It has always made me nervous doing a trail repair with my rig supported only by a bottle jack or hi-lift. The Bogert jack stand base uses the same bottle jack extensions and takes up little room. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

My order was shipped the next business day; it arrived well packed and on time. Its well made, but as much as I'd like to show off this new acquisition to my recovery kit, I hope I never need to use it anywhere but my driveway.

8__x_10__Compact_538df4b1e91c6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles