What mpg are you guys getting?

wADVr

Adventurer
I drive up and down hills, very little flat land. I can get 16.5 at best, the usual combined mileage of running a day or two or trails and a few hours on the freeway to and from usually yield about 12-14. 16-16.5 is with ethanol free fuel, it does make a difference but usually just covers the additional cost of the fuel only. Interesting someone said they see an increase with the softtop or no top. I can barely keep it in overdrive over 70 with either of those two set ups while with the hard top it is slightly better.
Auto 3.8 with 37s and 5.38s.

This XJ actually gets about the same although never messed with the ethanol free stuff. I've had previous XJs build similar and heavier get 20 all day long and others that had a budget boost and 30s get 16 on a downhill slide. The inconsistency has always been a mystery.

65BAJA

Da Nu Guy
My 93 XJ got as much as 22 on the freeway when it was bone stock and only had 136K miles. After I lifted it 4" and put 33x10.50 tires on it with 4.56 gears it dropped to 19. I did crack 20 once when lifted. Once. Now with 287K miles on the motor it gets about 16.5 when commuting.

Septu

Explorer
Well post lift, and in the mountains... managed 2 tanks of 17 and 17.6 MPG. My last tank was 17.8 MPG, and included me driving like an *** lots of times to pass people... and driving worse than a granny as my low fuel light went on 70 KM (~45 miles) from the closest gas station. All because I decided that the last place I saw was too expensive, and was certain I had lots of gas to get to where I planned on going... I milked the crap out of that tank... and to my shock, only put 19.9 gallons in it (I was certain it would be 21+).

LukesPa

Observer
Doing pretty well with lift and mud terrains

My new 2014 JKU just got 19.1mpg from Eastern LA County, in So Cal up to the Southern Sierras and back. I didn't get to high elevation but went up and down to about 4500 feet 2 or three times. I was fully loaded and kept the speed to about 70mph.

I only have about 2300 miles on the Jeep to date, but seem to be getting about 16mpg around town. I have been on a couple half day off road trips but didn't really track the mileage.

corprin

Adventurer
...collective sigh of disgust (and jealousy)....

ugh...

Tossed the tent up top, loaded everything from the trailer into the truck, slapped a winch on the nose and lost a full MPG at 70. Still pushing 27.0 when I was sitting at 60mph on rolling hills with cruise and A/C going.

IMG_0009.jpg

eternus

Observer
JKU Sport, 3.73 ratio with 33" tires and no lift, 1500 miles in my Jeep so far and hitting a consistent 18 MPG with me driving backroads topping out at 60 MPH.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: '08 JKUR/5400lbs/33.6" tires/auto-

orivisit51211006.jpg

That's at 50 mph-at 70mph she avg 17.2mpg-

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior