Merc 614 vario rear calipers

surfer4life

Observer
Couple of things i need help with guys.

Firstly does anyone know of a decent place in the UK to get rear calipers from? There are loads on EBAY but they are all for 17.5" wheels and mine are 16", a search on google hasn't produced anything :-( I also need discs and pads all round.

Secondly, if i am replacing the rear calipers, and discs and pads am i going to have to replace the rear hubs? I have read something somewhere that the rear hubs got updated due to an overheating issue, mine has around 250000 miles on and was own by the national health service upto around 5 years ago, so i imagine these will have already been replaced with the new ones if they needed doing, is there a way of checking?

Thanks in advance

Andy

surfer4life

Observer
Just an update as i have found them myself after much searching

www.birminghambrakes.co.uk do calipers for £150 + vat each, with vat, delivery and pick up of old calipers comes in at about £380.

I got the new discs and pads all round from euro car parts for £208

Estimated 8 -10 hours work at garage at £35 an hour, so worse case its going to cost me £938 in total

surfer4life

Observer
I had the rear discs replaced on mine. 4 hours end to end

Its the fronts aswell bud, and a couple of brake pipes, so 8 - 10 hours seems reasonable, he said 8 hours but extra if he runs into difficulties removing rusted bolts etc...

I have now also bought new brake chambers for him to fit while he is doing it.

One thing i will say is that Euro car parts are imbeciles, took a week for them to deliver the parts, then i get a call on thursday off the mechanic to say they sent the wrong ones!!!!! so instead of the £20 (each) discs i got off ECP i had to spend £40 each on discs from the mechanics supplier!

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
why can't you just go straight to Mercedes? They stock most parts in Germany and can have them at your local dealer in 24 hours. With your VIN they always get the part right, and if updated components were fitted by Mercedes, then they will have updated the records to reflect that.

surfer4life

Observer
why can't you just go straight to Mercedes? They stock most parts in Germany and can have them at your local dealer in 24 hours. With your VIN they always get the part right, and if updated components were fitted by Mercedes, then they will have updated the records to reflect that.

Because they are 3 times the price, i buy a lot of stuff direct from merc, but i can get exactly the same discs for £40 instead of £129

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
This is a crowd I've found to be excellent: http://www.cbc.ie/parts/
They know their way around the Vario and particularly the 814DA better than anyone else I've dealt with (including Mercedes).

The guy I've specifically dealt with is Sean on +353-86-2596071

surfer4life

Observer
This is a crowd I've found to be excellent: http://www.cbc.ie/parts/
They know their way around the Vario and particularly the 814DA better than anyone else I've dealt with (including Mercedes).

The guy I've specifically dealt with is Sean on +353-86-2596071

Thanks for that ian, i'll give them a try next time. I use www.eurocommercials.co.uk for all my OE MB parts as they are an official dealer and will deliver parts to me next day with no charge with one of their own vans no matter how small the order, even though they are 2 hours away ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles