SAR stickers on your vehicle - invitation to theft?

smiper

Observer
Thanks for all the responses. I totally get the thing about now representing the department 100% of the time when you're wearing the insignia. I'll pass for now...

the kid

Juke Box Hero
Thanks for all the responses. I totally get the thing about now representing the department 100% of the time when you're wearing the insignia. I'll pass for now...

you should be fine as long as you dont specify who you are with... here in the PNW there are so many teams, most of them are independent teams that are not associated with the S.O. in the portland area for instance i think there is something like 20 different groups/organisations that do SAR, it would be hard to pin something on someone especially on hear-say. again im not saying go ahead and drive like an idiot or be rude ect, but im say the likelihood that if someone to objection to something it coming back on you is very slim. sure it negatively affects the view of SAR as a whole to that person, but lets face it, most people are lazy and they wont do anything about it and it will pass over like everything else they are grumpy about. yeah they may try to file a complaint but as soon as they find out this is really more work than they are willing to put in to find you and complain directly to your leadership they will give up.

Aquafbody

Adventurer
I say don't put on stickers.

1488138_10151801718541786_1415704560_n.jpg
1538745_10151801718461786_1677692355_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles