4xFish 5th Gen 4Runner build

GU4runner

CB & USB

Next was the CB. I had a good experience with the Cobra 75 I'm the JKUR and figured the clean install would work as well in the 4R. I opted to hide the box in front of the shifter below where I mounted the sPOD switches. I mounted the Firestik antenna on the hatch with a Diamond K400 & FireRing FME coax. I can't speak highly enough of the FireRing FME coax with the low profile barrel connection- it allows you to unscrew the larger connection and reduce the diameter from 3/4" to 3/8". This makes fishing it through the vehicle a lot easier!

2ave9yna.jpg

Note: the clearance by the transfer case is tight but I checked it a few times in N & 4LO (before & after cutting) to make sure it cleared. It does. :)

yzamudan.jpg

Here's everything buttoned up:

y8ytatu4.jpg

Your 4runner build was awesome and it helped me choose the direction I wanted to go with a few things. Question about your CB install on the 4runner, was the little bracket for where the CB wire comes out something you just picked up at a hardware store or did you purchase it somewhere else? Also, when you hid the box did you secure it with anything or did it just keep itself in place. Thanks

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Your 4runner build was awesome and it helped me choose the direction I wanted to go with a few things. Question about your CB install on the 4runner, was the little bracket for where the CB wire comes out something you just picked up at a hardware store or did you purchase it somewhere else? Also, when you hid the box did you secure it with anything or did it just keep itself in place. Thanks

thank you- glad to hear it's helpful!

the little plate where the CB wore comes out was included in the Cobra 75 kit. it cleans up the holes nicely.

I believe I ended up just ziptying the box out of the way so it wouldn't rattle or shift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier