2010 Xterra

XterraOverland

Year: 2010
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Dark blue

Background- Started to wheel 12 years ago, And have evolved into overlanding in the Northeast. (Mostly the North Maine woods) And camping with the family. I have had many and built many different 4x4 vehicles.
I Bought the Xterra Nov16th 2013. After trading in my Dakota (CapCamper)
Because of a 2nd child on the way and the Xcab Not fitting an infant seat.
The build plan is to set up the suspension to be a great onroad/offroad set up. Something smooth on the road, But can really handle the bump's/wash boards when offroad. With the 2nd child on the way on 5/2/2014, I put off the big suspension purchases like redoing the whole front until 2015. And just did the simple spacer/shackle for now.

MODS:

Wheels/Tires:
-Tire 285/75/16 Gladiator QR900 MT
-Rims blacked out

Suspension:
-Front 2.5" Spacers
-Rear PRG (?) 2" Shackles
-Rear Bilstien 5125 (3-4")

Exterior:
-DDM tuning HID headlights Hi/Lo (6000k)
-Rear Rocky Mtn. Recovery points
-Front recovery hook

Interior:
-Single Din Bluetooth HU
-BearCat 680 CB, mounted underneath the HU, in stock double din Location, Hooked to a 3' Firestick, And antenna Hatch Mount
-300 Watt Power Inverter
-TomTom GPS (Hard Mounted)

Engine:
-Airbox mod
-K&N Air filter

Misc:
-Tsunami 1050 Air Compressor Converted for OBA Set up for air up tires.

What I want-
-Full Titan Suspension Swap
-M226 with e-locker
-SAW setup with resi's
-Dephep rack
-DepHep Sliders
-2" Body lift
-30-40" Light bar
-35's

Photos:
-Stock
xterra1_zps41dac4a1.jpg

With the lift and Tires
myxterra5_zps38b9ae31.jpg

1374915_10151989316752213_7781393162060971445_n.jpg

Blacked out the rim's.
IMAG0587_zpsmg1psu6g.jpg

Took out my double din. Added the Cb and a Single Din CD player with Bluetooth and Ipod hook up.And Hard mounted my GPS
IMAG0583_zpsqlonu3bw.jpg

And added in some RockyX Rear Recovery Shackles.. Install is straight forward. Cut some slots out of your bumper with a template, I needed to buy longer bolts as the stock ones were to short and these bolt at the bumper mounts, very sturdy.
IMAG0585_zpspfsql4mt.jpg

jarmentrout

Observer

Year: 2010
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: S
Color: Dark blue

Background- Started to wheel 12 years ago, And have evolved into overlanding in the Northeast. (Mostly the North Maine woods) And camping with the family. I have had many and built many different 4x4 vehicles.
I Bought the Xterra Nov16th 2013. After trading in my Dakota (CapCamper)
Because of a 2nd child on the way and the Xcab Not fitting an infant seat.
The build plan is to set up the suspension to be a great onroad/offroad set up. Something smooth on the road, But can really handle the bump's/wash boards when offroad. With the 2nd child on the way on 5/2/2014, I put off the big suspension purchases like redoing the whole front until 2015. And just did the simple spacer/shackle for now.

MODS:

Wheels/Tires:
-Tire 285/75/16 Gladiator QR900 MT
-Rims blacked out

Suspension:
-Front 2.5" Spacers
-Rear PRG (?) 2" Shackles
-Rear Bilstien 5125 (3-4")

Exterior:
-DDM tuning HID headlights Hi/Lo (6000k)
-Rear Rocky Mtn. Recovery points
-Front recovery hook

Interior:
-Single Din Bluetooth HU
-BearCat 680 CB, mounted underneath the HU, in stock double din Location, Hooked to a 3' Firestick, And antenna Hatch Mount
-300 Watt Power Inverter
-TomTom GPS (Hard Mounted)

Engine:
-Airbox mod
-K&N Air filter

Misc:
-Tsunami 1050 Air Compressor Converted for OBA Set up for air up tires.

What I want-
-Full Titan Suspension Swap
-M226 with e-locker
-SAW setup with resi's
-Dephep rack
-DepHep Sliders
-2" Body lift
-30-40" Light bar
-35's

Photos:
-Stock
xterra1_zps41dac4a1.jpg

With the lift and Tires
myxterra5_zps38b9ae31.jpg

1374915_10151989316752213_7781393162060971445_n.jpg

Blacked out the rim's.
IMAG0587_zpsmg1psu6g.jpg

Took out my double din. Added the Cb and a Single Din CD player with Bluetooth and Ipod hook up.And Hard mounted my GPS
IMAG0583_zpsqlonu3bw.jpg

And added in some RockyX Rear Recovery Shackles.. Install is straight forward. Cut some slots out of your bumper with a template, I needed to buy longer bolts as the stock ones were to short and these bolt at the bumper mounts, very sturdy.
IMAG0585_zpspfsql4mt.jpg
hi. I have a shrock gas tank skid that I've never installed if you are interested. I had a 2006 and now a 2012 but not sure I'm going to use it. pm me if you are interested. I'm right in farmingdale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

XterraOverland

Hey thanks. I have such a long way's to go with this I sit at work thinking what my next upgrade should be...

This year will be a slow "camping" get out there year with a current 2 month old. But next year I plan to be out every other weekend doing things.My wife and 5 year old Love to get out, But the wife isn't keen on being offroad with a newborn and his little head bouncing around.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
We started our youngest camping at about a month old. Won't be long and the offroading won't be a problem for the youngin.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

XterraOverland

Yea, Its not so much a concern for me as the wife.. So, is what it is. Next year tho will be a different story. We do have 2 camping trips planned this year, But they will be to semi Local camp grounds that just require road travel.

richard310

pew pew
Great looking rig! It's funny how a little lift and some meaty tires with blacked out wheels really change the entire dynamics of a stock vehicle.

XterraOverland

Picked up TJM extended travel set up with 1" Top spacer, And HD Springs. The HD springs will ride a little ruff with all stock weight, But I did this in prep's for an aftermarket bumper this winter. After I get these I will be saving up for Adjustable upper control arm's as these give me 3"s more wheel travel, and my stock upper arms will hit the Coil Bucket. With an aftermarket bumper the HD springs and 1" Spacer it should put me at 3" lift. (.5" Taller then current)

tjm_zpsdcebd3d5.jpg

After these and the arm's I will buy a Dakar Add a Leaf set up to bring the already sagging rear springs back up to stock with an additional 1-1.5"s of lift with my 2.5" Lift shackles. so I will be 3.5-4" in the back so when loaded down it will sit level.

These little pieces here that I just ordered are the start to a Home Made awning system
420770.jpg

06103_F.JPG

It will be modeled after this video
[video=youtube;Eue-HeWtaLE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Eue-HeWtaLE[/video]

As found here at this thread
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/65647-How-to-build-a-quality-awning-for-less-than-100

XterraOverland

Well, the Xterra rack is only about 6ft. I am sure I could have done what you said. How ever, I have searched randomly on local craigslist for campers being parted with one. But haven't found anything. I also wouldn't want to mount poles to my body to keep it up. So I would still have to modify it so it would stay up. Probably put some washers/rubber washers through it. And screw them into conduit like I did here, Along with the tarp poles. But then, My problem would be... Will it roll up and lock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz