2003 Lexus LX470 "Overlander" built

Nikson

Explorer
Nice build lots of clean integrations. Thats the thing that keeps me from the newer vehicles all the systems and electronics and making it all work. Hey are you the guy on Youtube in the Rubicon in the deep powder riding on the running boards? From a few years back? I love deep powder and that looks like the ultimate test of a vehicle when I get my rig built I want to come out there and hit those type of runs you were doing in the Rubicon. Im Lane, nice to meet you.

I like how you made the top rack with those slide out receivers for the awning. Super basic but effective. Does it rattle or anything when you are driving? What do you think that thing will hold safely? Are you sleeping up there on that rack? Thank you

-edit I guess that would be you considering the video is in your sig lol. That answers that! I knew the red hair and the accent were familiar.

Lane,

Thanks for comments, I've not had any issues with my current setup, everything seems to work fine, as I've expected. Rack works great, and the awning removal is good, since I could integrate anything else in there as well now, considering doing same for the other side to possible put up other things on the passenger side, or even swap the awning if needed to the other side.

The snow question - seems like you got your answer already! :)

Cheers,

Nikson

Explorer
Liked the videos, thanks for sharing.

I might have missed it but it looks like the lower portion of the cruiser has a matte finish or wrap or ???

Is it just me or is it something that looks like flat paint below the windows?

You didnt miss it, its just plasti-dipped sides, and whatever areas I'm not wanting to scratch up in the brush. Plasti-Dip so far seems to keep me just perfectly protected.

Thanks for watching...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles