James River Road Mason, Texas Afternoon Back-Country Adventure

MightyP

Observer
This looks like a fun route. I'm trying to find day-trips out of San Antonio (8 hrs or less so I can drop off and pick up kiddos from school) and this might fit the bill. Thanks for sharing this. Do you happen to have the map files on exactly where you went? Would save me from mapping it out myself. :D

@PetitFrereArmada, You are all over! When you head out west of Austin again, let me know. We should meet up and explore!

machine1

Explorer
This looks like a fun route. I'm trying to find day-trips out of San Antonio (8 hrs or less so I can drop off and pick up kiddos from school) and this might fit the bill. Thanks for sharing this. Do you happen to have the map files on exactly where you went? Would save me from mapping it out myself. :D

@PetitFrereArmada, You are all over! When you head out west of Austin again, let me know. We should meet up and explore!

I'm sorry MightyP, I don't have any map files for this, only the screenshots I posted on the first page.

We may be doing a two day Hill Country trip at the end of August. Stay tuned, I will post the event in the Central States forum once all the details have been ironed out.

Ivan

Lost in Space
A few of us North Texans may be planning a trip this summer. I'll keep you posted. I've never heard of anyone getting stick on the Hill Country routes, and even if you do I'm pretty sure one of us can pull you out.

Do you have any dates as of yet? Unfortunately I have to put in for time off well in advance and would love to join y'all.

machine1

Explorer
Do you have any dates as of yet? Unfortunately I have to put in for time off well in advance and would love to join y'all.

We have a tentative date of Saturday August 27th. It's still a while away, we're still working out little details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles