Free Overland Book download

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I decided to be a Guinea pig here and check it out for anyone unsure, or unwilling.

The book is free. Full length, quality text (easy to read) PDF publication with full color, but low quality photographs.

Creating an account on the website is required, as is the input of an email. The account is listed as a "trial" account, but is not one of those trial accounts which will bill you when it's over. You don't need to input any payment information at all.

After you register, it will automatically sign you in, but the links to the book won't work. You need to confirm your account through the note sent to your email, and then you will be taken to a direct download link.

Total time invested: Maybe 2 minutes.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Thanks for being the guinea pig.

Is the book any good?

-Dan

I'd say the quality of the book is subjective. It seems to be mostly opinion and personal experience overland travel tips, vehicle and kit facts/opinion, etc. The value will be completely dependant on the reader.

Interestingly, the conversion scale provided in the book for MPG to L/100KM is very wrong.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
He writes very little about Jeep Wrangler unlimited

My opinion from Sweden is that Jeep Wrangler unlimited is the best vehicle for me, based on the price, Looks, its auto, has a petrol engine (do not like diesel), great offroad and onroad, and have alot of luxury and drives like a sportscar. I have driven several Defenders and it is like driving a tractor. The Pentastar is similar to old V8 in power. Wrangler have a hugh amount of cheap accessories. We dont have Landcruiser 70 series here like hole Europe and US and Defender cost much more here and are totally outdated interior, I love the Defender on the outside and is the best looking 4x4 out there. Here in Sweden a Toyota, Landrover, Merzedes cost much more than a Jeep Wrangler unlimited. The only new cool looking 4x4 out there is Defender, Wrangler and Gelandewagen and nothingels, maybe slightly the Toyota 70 series other Toyotas looks horrible like cityvehicles. But LR4 is pretty nice but cost a fortune and do not look as as cool as a Wrangler. There are to much bling bling and chrome of many 4x4 out there. I like the old school/ military look on them

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

The landcruiser 70 series is really cool and some of them have snorkel, dual batteries and dual gastanks about 180 litre and a huge engine at 4.5-litre V8 turbo diesel engine

My understanding is that 70-Series still has manual front locking hubs. I remember many years ago when me and my friends was in South Africa and we tagged along in a vehicle with manual front locking hubs on the beach. The driver drove in 2wd and then got stucked in the sand and had to go out of the vehicle and manually turn the hub to engage the 4WD. When he got loose he got out again to turn the hub to 2WD. He did that several times, very annoying and that would drive me nuts. Not so nice if You have to go out in mud or water.

kai38

Explorer
Interesting site but waste of time trying to find the log in page then still not being able to d/l book even while logged in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles