T-Mobile Test Drive

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Interesting. I can tell you that T-Mobile blows once you leave Denver/Boulder, Ft. Collins or the Springs in Colorado and similarly just about anywhere that isn't a town in NM, UT and AZ. We're still customers because we are very low minute and I'm a non-smart phone user (although my wife has a Samsung something or other that she hates). So that it's roaming pretty much anytime we're not at home and it's almost never 4G isn't a big deal. If I was to start fresh it would be with Verizon absolutely no question.

Yuccahead

Adventurer
I have a similar experience to DinD. In town, T-Mobile is great and saves $$$ versus the other big players. Outside of city limits in TX/NM, I often just turn it off.

CodyY

Explorer
I have a similar experience to DinD. In town, T-Mobile is great and saves $$$ versus the other big players. Outside of city limits in TX/NM, I often just turn it off.

+1. Works in town (mostly). I live outside the suburbs and it works upstairs, sucks downstairs.

We're switching to ATT or Verizon. I was with ATT before I got married. Wife was with TMob.

java

Expedition Leader
Yep im in the same boat. Tmo is great around town, but blows everywhere else. But hey its cheap!

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Yup. Tmo sucks outside the city. However, massive upgrades are in progress. I've been catching real time updates about daily LTE rollout around the nation on HOFO.

haven

Expedition Leader
I signed up for the iPhone 5s Test Drive. So far, T-Moblie has been equal to ATT service in the suburban San Francisco peninsula. There are lots of little hills around here which cause service outages or slowdowns for all carriers, depending on where the cell tower is. T-Mobile LTE is noticeably faster than LTE on my ATT iPhone 5s.

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
I ditched T-Mobile last year after driving up I-95 from Jax to Beaufort SC and there were huge areas of no data coverage. I mean this is a major transportation corridor! It was worth paying the early termination fee to move to Verizon!

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
As contrast, I continue to LOVE T-Mo in my area. The LTE coverage keeps growing. There are times when it's faster than my broadband connection at home (which says more about TWC than anything.)

My Nexus5 continues to be the best phone I've ever owned. Currently going on 6+ years w/o a contract. Just re-jiggered the discounts from my former employer to my wife's and now we're under $70/mo for 2 lines w/ unlimited data/messaging and more minutes than we can ever use.

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
I love T-Mobile too. My bill for (3) phones and (3) tablets is $90 after taxes. Saving truckloads of cash over ATT and we have unlimited everything plus the international roaming is nothing short of amazing. Also, knowing that the conversion of 2G to LTE and deployment of VOLTE is moving break neck speed around the nation is very comforting.

CodyY

Explorer
We ditched T-Mobile a couple weeks ago. very happy with Verizon so far.

T-Mobile waived the fee for us because of the crappy service

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Interesting. I can tell you that T-Mobile blows once you leave Denver/Boulder, Ft. Collins or the Springs in Colorado and similarly just about anywhere that isn't a town in NM, UT and AZ. We're still customers because we are very low minute and I'm a non-smart phone user (although my wife has a Samsung something or other that she hates). So that it's roaming pretty much anytime we're not at home and it's almost never 4G isn't a big deal. If I was to start fresh it would be with Verizon absolutely no question.

X2

T-Mobile coverage sucks

Verizon much better

Sprint behind Verizon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles