Engel MT25E fridge or freezer, $350 FIRM + shipping.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Engel MT25E $350 + shipping CONUS.

***New listing, the prior listing is closed***

For sale: a used Engel MT25E $350 FIRM, located in Dedham MA. I bought a new Dometic, so the Engel should move out...

Shipping: $150 (yes $150). I will take this to the UPS store to have them box it up, and ship it. If boxing & shipping costs less, I will refund the difference after it ships.

-Will I take it down there to get shipping estimates? No.
-Will I take down there to get boxed & weighed & take it home to put your shipping label on it then take it back to get shipped? No.
-Can a friend of yours come pick it up at a time & location of my choosing? Absolutely! If paying cash or after another payment method has cleared.

I will insure it for the sale price if UPS policy allows (I think they will when they box it). Any damage incurred during shipping is solely between the buyer & UPS.

Sold "as is". I would however accept a return if you don't like it within 30 days. It would need to be returned at the buyers expense and insured. It must be received within 30 calendar days of the ship to date at the Needham UPS store.

Payment: PayPal, money order, cashiers check, personal check all would be fine. Fridge will not ship until payment clears. Cash would be fine if buying in person.

I bought it used in October, haven't taken it camping. I've mostly used it as an extra freezer set at 2-3. Unknown how old it is, you could probably figure it out from the data plate (or call Engel).

I did take it with me on a trip out to Denver from Boston in April, but forgot the regular household plug. It worked fine as a fridge in my truck, and it was turned on & off throughout that trip (because my truck 12V only works w/key in).

It has had a simple freezer indicator in it while in freezer mode. I freeze half a bottle of water lying down in my regular freezer, then I put it in the Engel standing up. Hasn't melted.

It's been freezing away just fine as overflow storage since that trip.

It doesn't have an interior basket. Includes 12V & household plug & original owners booklet. No handles, has a knob for temperature setting.

It's loud/vibrates, about the sound an old kitchen fridge makes. Cycles about every 5/6minutes in freezer mode. I wouldn't be able to sleep with it in my truck...maybe if I used earplugs. There was a slight odor of ammonia inside it, when I first bought it, so I figured it was "all done". Nope...keeps on freezing away.

It might be on its last legs, it might last another 20 years.

I would figure that it'd be best to use a transit type bag insulator with this unit in the summer heat given it's age. You could make one out of Reflectix bubble insulation relatively easily I'd imagine, just don't cover the vents/compressor or whatever. I plan to make one for my Dometic. I "think" I've read accounts of new fridges not being able to maintain good temp in summer car heat, but I'm getting old & my memory sometimes plays tricks.

Pics shortly...

Last edited:

Camelfilter

Explorer
Pics:

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

image8.jpg

Last edited:

Camelfilter

Explorer
Danged new fanled technology & upside down pictures. Let's see if these work:

Nope, didn't work. Argh!! Sorry about that, I'll be able to flip the pictures correctly from work likely, next weekend.

Edit: pictures flipped above.

Last edited:

Camelfilter

Explorer
-Bump-

...I made a quickie insulation blanket for it (took just a few minutes) on Friday. It seems quieter now, I don't hardly notice it cycling unless I'm in the same room or actively listening for it. Odd...I'm not sure why the insulation would make it queiter unless it doesn't have to cycle as "strong" or something. Might have also been extra vibration coming from the plastic/case, which is now strapped along with the blanket.

I "think" it cycles less now as well, but don't have any data yet. Just haven't spent enough time nearby.

Friday before I made the blanket it cycled:

1115-1122
1127-1135
1140-1147
1152-1158
1203-1209

Freezing set at "3" - I keep the house at 69-72F.

Also, I noticed some moisture on the outside of the fridge lid (under the blanket) on Saturday when I grabbed some burgers.

-Might be that due to this units age that the original insulation may have deteriorated?

Picture of quick easy to do insulation blanket (I firgot that I had extra Reflectix, or I would have done this ages ago).
View attachment 232697

Last edited:

unseenone

Explorer
You can't completely seal the unit, the vents need to be open. A standard fridge jacket breaths to allow moisture to wick out. Freezing on 3 seems right on par with what it should be, so it sounds like it's working perfectly. These fridges typically run 21 out of 24 hours to maintain temp, but once cold, draw very little, ie: less than 3 amps.

Camelfilter

Explorer
You can't completely seal the unit, the vents need to be open. A standard fridge jacket breaths to allow moisture to wick out. Freezing on 3 seems right on par with what it should be, so it sounds like it's working perfectly. These fridges typically run 21 out of 24 hours to maintain temp, but once cold, draw very little, ie: less than 3 amps.

The blanket I made only covers the fridge portion, not the compressor portion, nor the underside.

Great point on the breath ability of commercial jackets. Maybe I'll poke a few holes in the top of mine?

unseenone

Explorer
It might be worth a try. I decided in the summer it might help my non-defrost AC chest freezer. So I through a furniture blanket over the top of it. The next day the top of the freezer was all wet. So, the conclusion on that was to not use one. Protection jackets are quite common, and the material is shiny/insulation on the inside or just cloth, and canvas like material on the outside. Much heavier on the Engel than the NL. The ones I have, do not have bottoms in them.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Thanks for the info/tips!

I put a disposable shop pad between the blanket & lid after my previous post. Still a bit of moisture, but seems less.

Camelfilter

Explorer
I just took the fridge out of my truck, it's been in there freezing away just fine since yesterday. It's really hot in the topper too-even in the morning just now. I should have left the cab window open...lesson learned.

Pretty darned nifty I think!

image.jpg

The inside topper heat might be why it's drawing more amps this am, I dunno though?

image.jpg

My simple freezer indicator. This one has been in there since I got back from Colorado. Plus-my burgers haven't killed me...

image.jpg

The fridge is now plugged back into AC in the house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online