Older MotionX HD downloads

doug720

Expedition Leader
I had a Ipad 1 that was stolen, luckily, we had 2 of them. It was used for navigation and pictures only.

I have been able to get most of the old apps back, except MotionX HD. It now requires OIS 6.1 of newer to load, and the Ipad 1 is 5.1.1 and can't be upgraded.

I spoke to MotionX and they can't help, as Apple will only allow them to sell one version of their app. But if mine was an existing account with an old version, they could do that. But, we used an old apple account that was hacked to buy the app on the old Ipad1 and can't access that info, so they consider it a new app sale.

Anyone have any ideas?

I managed to load all the old apps but MotionX HD, and it frustrates me to not be able to use a good Ipad for simple tasks like this.

Thanks

Doug

RobRed

Explorer
For anyone else looking here... you can run the last version (v21) in iOS 5.1.1 but the new version, v22 needs iOS 6.0+.

EDIT As described below you can purchase a newer version app and an older device should be able to get the older versions post purchase. If not the procedure below will get it done.

Buy the app in iTunes on your computer. It will be v22. Sync iPad 1 to itunes. It wont copy v22 to iPad. Next find a file on computer called GPS HD 22.0.ipa DELETE it. Obtain a copy of GPS HD 21.0.ipa and place it in the directory where you deleted v22. Sync to ipad 1. Make sure you selected GPS HD to sync over. Do not update your apps automatically on itunes.

If you PM me I can help you find a copy of v21.

Last edited:

doug720

Expedition Leader
It won't let me buy V22. When I try to buy, it starts, then a message pops up that I need 6.0+ to load with an OK command. When OK is confirmed, it takes you out of program.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Doug

doug720

Expedition Leader
Rob...Worked like a charm!

Bought and loaded MotionX HD on our IPad3, then accessed purchased apps on IPad1, which asked if I wanted older version to work on IPad1, answered yes and it went just as you described. Thanks

Now i have another nav/map to learn...

Now I know this, I bet all apps work this way. So I'm going to try this with the GoPro app and see if it works also!

Doug

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles