Going to a Fabricator tomorrow for a Custom Roof Rack...

Lets see your favorite roof racks! Mods, custom cool things, best built, ideas, whatever it may be. I am thinking something along the lines of this...
VhYC4j8.png

HO1nro1.jpg

KPTbPhO.png

Any inspiration would be great.
I plan to mount 4 Rigid dually flood lights on the corners of the rack so that it illuminates 270degrees around the rear of the truck.
I will also be mounting a RTT.

Thanks guys(and gals)!

kybray44

Are you in the Sacramento area by chance? I contacted a local Fab guy to get a price on something similar to the Whitson rack and he said he had just quoted someone a few days before I contacted him. If you are in the Sac area and you are satisfied with the work, please let me know who fabbed it.

Thanks!

AxleIke

Adventurer
Okay, quick question:

How are you guys mounting the fronts on the third gens? I assume you are using some sort of mount and drilling it into the roof. How are you sealing it? Just curious as I begin plans for making mine.

JasonRedwood

Explorer
The Witson rack has a bolt that goes through the corner plates up front. The bolt rests on a steal pad that is held in place with double stick adhesive. The bolt is held in place with a nut that you can use to adjust the hight depending on how far forward you have the rack. I have yet to instal my bolts up front, and have yet to load anything that far forward on my rack. Curious to see how other support their 3rd gen full length racks up front.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform

aharapa7.jpg

3enyvepy.jpg
OOH and on a 2nd Gen... Kinda like that.

I really want something like a Front Runner style FLAT rack (may even just fab it eventually) for my 1995 4Runner but everything's 3rd gen+ that I can find. I'm sure I can mod the feet of a 3rd Gen to fit onto a 2nd Gen but I'd have to measure the difference in roof length/area/track-width. My Yak basket has served me well for many years, but I find flaws in it and I know what I do/don't want after all these years of loading/unloading it.

I love that Whitson Rack. I keep coming across it and it looks SO good every time from every angle. If I had a 3rd Gen, I'd probably have him make me one like that with the top rail maybe an inch from the bottom (Enough room to pass the buckle of a Cam-Lok strap and to be able to hook onto with a ratchet strap. That and a very slight (to flat across the front/rear bars) rise up front over the cab. Their stuff looks amazing, wish he did 2nd Gen Racks :drool: .

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles