Project "Autonomous" F-350

rayra

Expedition Leader
Damn that looks nice. And now I notice the support brackets / flanges. Almost needs some stenciled 'FUEL' labels on them. But red is code for gas after all. ;)

I was working on my own tubular coded red bendy things today -

auxbatt016_zps7zt0u5sr.jpg

Wrasslin' 1/0 cabling is like fighting a boa constrictor.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Damn that looks nice. And now I notice the support brackets / flanges. Almost needs some stenciled 'FUEL' labels on them. But red is code for gas after all. ;)

I was working on my own tubular coded red bendy things today -

auxbatt016_zps7zt0u5sr.jpg

Wrasslin' 1/0 cabling is like fighting a boa constrictor.

Looks sturdy! :sombrero:

mr_ed

Toolbag
Awesome work! Can't wait to see the "finished" product!

You know how it is...these sort of worthy projects are never truly "finished."

Sent while on the toilet using Tapatalk

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Cool build man! I know you back from when we were both on socal355. I had a white regular cab on mid travel!

Maybe we'll meet in the desert soon enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Awesome work! Can't wait to see the "finished" product!

You know how it is...these sort of worthy projects are never truly "finished."

Sent while on the toilet using Tapatalk

I would settle for driveable. :smiley_drive:

Cool build man! I know you back from when we were both on socal355. I had a white regular cab on mid travel!

Maybe we'll meet in the desert soon enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What was your screen name?

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I do, it's been awhile since I've talked to any of the guys from the Colorado world though. Funny I ran into you here. Also amusing were both in full size rigs now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had all kinds of vehicles but feel more comfortable in full size rigs. I still have the colorado; ran into passlock problems. Trying to get it running so I can sell it. James got me a new computer but then the fuel pump went out.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Mine got totaled in 2013 in a head on collision with a teenager that ran a red light. Had 7 trucks since then, finally settled into the one I'm driving now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Ok, I'm off the deep end. Going to fabricate my own dash and some suspension seats. 1" x .120 wall tubular steel frames with 4" woven webbing.

KHAKI 4" MILITARY HEAVY NYLON ELASTIC WEBBING 100' FT ROLL

rayra

Expedition Leader
PULL UP! PULL UP! PULL UP!

/Bitching Betty

I could see doing that in a race vehicle, but what the hell do you want to go and do that for in your traveling base station / camper? Doesn't seem worthwhile for the what 5% of the mileage that will be off-highway? (but ooh, cool, sewing project!)

/negative associations with that general kind of seating frame in Marine helicopters

btw, on the PASSLOCK thing, did you swap out the ignition switch? In my own investigations trying to excise an ignition interlock device, I read a good bit about PASSLOCK, PASSLOCK II stuff and more often than not it was an issue with the signal source embedded in the key switch. And the yellow wire that spawns from it is apparently a fragile POS over time. My Sub had at some point been fitted with a key-dongle sort of slot thing at the bottom of the dash under the steering column. The kind of thing you'd put on a car as an anti-theft device or to keep your kids from taking your car out at night. The install was a hack job and I was getting intermittent trouble and the baleful red glare from the interlock was bugging me, so I carved out the whole mess and returned the circuit to 'normal'.

can see the device hanging right below the brake pedal

surgery07_zps7a5b19f8.jpg

vtp1_zps0de281e0.jpg
vtp3_zpsf5e3eac6.jpg

Apparently when the vehicle was traded in / sold, the 'solution' was to break the key off in the lock, so the dongle wouldn't get lost. It was when I was trying to identify what the hell it did / was connected to that I read a bunch about PASSLOCK shenanigans.

Last edited:

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I could see doing that in a race vehicle, but what the hell do you want to go and do that for in your traveling base station / camper? Doesn't seem worthwhile for the what 5% of the mileage that will be off-highway? (but ooh, cool, sewing project!)

What do you mean, you're going to help me. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles