More proof that Jeep is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles

java

Expedition Leader
This thread is still alive?!

Ya I hear you about the IFS. Toyota has been doing it for quite some time now with 4x4. Toyota does put out quality products. I don't want to deal with torsion bars and all the stuff that goes with it. The Jeep platform to me seems so easy to work with at many levels. I go on to Craigslist at anytime and there are tons of parts, stock and aftermarket. I am a backyard mechanic and for me for some reason the Jeep seems so accessible. Thanks for recognizing what a pain this thread has been. :ylsmoke:

Toyota has not used torsion bars on their IFS in quite some time. iirc 95 was the last year.

marktutone

Adventurer
A Rubicon Unlimited Pentastar automatic cost about 53,871 AUD in Australia

A Landcruiser with four doors, 76 series Landcruiser Wagon GXL with 4.5 litre V8 turbo diesel cost 64,290 to 71,800 AUD (Full Driveaway)?

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruise...LC70_RangeAndSpecs_RangeBanner_WagonGXL_Specs

The Landcruiser have bigger tank at 130 liters, almost dubble payload, bigger engine, have snorkel from factory?

324679.jpg

Sweet. To bad they are not sold in the U.S.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Ya I hear you about the IFS. Toyota has been doing it for quite some time now with 4x4. Toyota does put out quality products. I don't want to deal with torsion bars and all the stuff that goes with it. The Jeep platform to me seems so easy to work with at many levels. I go on to Craigslist at anytime and there are tons of parts, stock and aftermarket. I am a backyard mechanic and for me for some reason the Jeep seems so accessible. Thanks for recognizing what a pain this thread has been. :ylsmoke:

This thread is still alive?!

Toyota has not used torsion bars on their IFS in quite some time. iirc 95 was the last year.

1995.5 on the trucks and 2006 on the Land Cruiser, the 100 Series ran torsion bars and the work exceptionally well I might add :D

I'd love to drive a 70 some day to see just how it compares to my Rubicon in terms of a daily driver.

Come out to Utah, I'd glad let you take an older model like this for a rip :D

The new VDJ76 does drive like a dream, very smooth power delivery with the turbo-diesel and comfortable cruising 75mph up and down hills. As to the interior and exterior trim, they are available in a variety of trim and options packages. For example all of the E7 70 Series use manual trans and manual locking hubs for a variety of reasons. However the VDJ79 workmate 4-dr truck has what I call the 'poverty package' i.e. vinyl floors, cloth seats, hand crank windows, etc. I consider it the perfect truck for me :D

Though I could easily be talked into this :cool:

20140714_181156 (Small).jpg

marktutone

Adventurer
1995.5 on the trucks and 2006 on the Land Cruiser, the 100 Series ran torsion bars and the work exceptionally well I might add :D

Come out to Utah, I'd glad let you take an older model like this for a rip :D

The new VDJ76 does drive like a dream, very smooth power delivery with the turbo-diesel and comfortable cruising 75mph up and down hills. As to the interior and exterior trim, they are available in a variety of trim and options packages. For example all of the E7 70 Series use manual trans and manual locking hubs for a variety of reasons. However the VDJ79 workmate 4-dr truck has what I call the 'poverty package' i.e. vinyl floors, cloth seats, hand crank windows, etc. I consider it the perfect truck for me :D

Though I could easily be talked into this :cool:

View attachment 236010

A VDJ79 workmate 4-dr truck with left hand drive would be nice.

jdlobb

Adventurer
I know jeeps are capable 4x4 vehicle, obviously. But whenever I see a Wrangler on the road I pretty much assume there's a 16 year old girl driving it, and I'm usually right.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
. But whenever I see a Wrangler on the road I pretty much assume there's a 16 year old girl driving it, and I'm usually right.

Yeah I know the Wrangler is a real chick magnet:victory:

Girls always want to ride my Wrangler and do some camping.

Camping trip 2 days ago, me and my 2 girls:)

156605185.jpg

GR8ADV

Explorer
Yeah I know the Wrangler is a real chick magnet:victory:

Girls always want to ride my Wrangler and do some camping.

Camping trip 2 days ago, me and my 2 girls:)

156605185.jpg

Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like the aggregate in the pavement is pretty large. How did the Jeep do?

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
So what you're saying is that it was poorly planned.

When someone climbs Everest without Oxygen and makes it there and back, was their climb poorly planned?

The fact they made it and didn't need all that stuff proves it was perfectly planned. Both the Everest trip and the Africa in a Jeep trip.

(Of course, I'm a little bias. I didn't have any of that stuff either, and I drove 40,000 miles from Alaska to Argentina in a stock Wrangler - not a single mechanical issue)

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz